- grab youtube video comments and insert into your blog post
- schedule hourly, daily, weekly
- manual update
Plugin Details & Demo
- Upload as a folder and activate plugin
- Go to Admin Panel > Settings > YouTube Comments.
- Set schedule or update manually.
- Go to Admin Panel > Posts, find the post which you want the comments to be inserted.
- Go to the Custom Fields section and add “youtubevidid” as key.
- For value, add your YouTube video id e.g X2BEhk1fqZ
- If more than 1 video, simply add more keys: youtubevidid1, youtubevidid2 and so on
This plugin doesn’t work. I wish the author would support this plugin as it is a great concept.
Plugin suddenly stopped working for me in August, presumably due to a WordPress upgrade. Cannot get any support, as developer seems to have abandoned this plugin. Shame. Was great when it worked.
It helped me improve the SEO by auto insert the Youtube comment to my post.
Contributors & Developers
“Genki Youtube Comments” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- New method to prevent duplicate comments (if you are upgrading from version 1.x.x, this may result in duplicate comments during the first run)
- Display recently inserted comments log
- Remove hidden characters in youtube data (which is casuing duplicate comments) (not foolproof but should greatly reduce duplicate comments)
- Added curl support by Piotr GRD
- Minor interface adjustment
- disable error/warnings (to continue fetching comments in event of an error)
- play nice with new youtube API