This plugin connects WordPress with your GeniusContacts Account and allows you quickly and easily add a signup form for your GeniusContacts list and to embed a subscription form on your site with various options for how the form is displayed and submitted. See why GeniusContacts is the best [email marketing web-based software] (http://www.geniuscontacts.com/features.html). And Test it Out for Free [try GeniusContacts for 30 days] (http://www.geniuscontacts.com/free-trial-now.html)
After installing go to Settings > GeniusContacts, or Appearance > Widgets to activate this plugin. The Settings section is for use with the shortcode (
[GeniusContacts]), and the Widget is primarily for embedding in a sidebar.
Start using GeniusContacts Signup Form in less than 2 minutes via the WordPress Setting GUI! For more information visit the GeniusContacts Email Marketing web site.
Questions or problems? Feel free to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I create GeniusContacts signup/subscription forms to use in WordPress?
You need to be using GeniusContacts email marketing web-based software to use this widget. Create new signup/subscription forms in the software by going to the “Integration” section, then they will be available through this widget.
How does this plugin differ from copying and pasting the signup/subscription form onto my site manually?
This plugin makes it much easier to do without requiring you to know which theme (or core WordPress) files to modify. Often times copying and pasting HTML into WordPress can cause odd display issues (depending on your WordPress theme).
What happens after someone submits the signup/subscription form on my WordPress site?
The same thing that would happen if they submitted it from another site: it redirects back to the GeniusContacts confirmation message, or a custom URL if you have that set up for the signup/subscription form in GeniusContacts (modify your forms under the “Integration” section).
If you enable the “Ajax” option of the plugin settings, you can have the form submitted without the page reloading (so the viewer never leaves the page).
Can my form require an opt-in email confirmation be sent?
Yes, you would just make sure that your form settings (in GeniusContacts) have the Opt-in confirmation setting checked.
I get a “Connection failed” message. What does this mean?
Please make sure that your login information is correct, and that you have at least one Integration form already created in the GeniusContacts system.
- Initial release.
- Verified this works with latest versions of WordPress and GeniusContacts.
- Updated installation instructions.
- Re-configured to work with GeniusContacts version 5.4.
- Improved some areas.
- Changed internal API requests to use only API URL and Key instead of Username and Password.
- Provided option to remove style blocks from embedded form code, and converting
- Re-wrote widget backend to use most recent WordPress Widget structure.
- Streamlined code and API usage.
- Ability to reset or refresh your forms.
- Better form width detection.
- You can now use a shortcode to display your subscription form.
- Added many additional settings to control how your form is displayed and submitted.
- Added GeniusContacts to the Settings menu so you can use the shortcode independent of the widget.