The Genie WP Favicon
- The Genie WP Favicon will be helpful in adding a favicon to any wordpress site with ease.
- Download ‘genie-wp-favicon.zip’ onto your local computer.
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard and select Plugins >> Add New.
- Click on the Upload option at the top and select the ‘genie-wp-favicon.zip’ file you just downloaded.
- Click on Install.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- There should be an additional ‘Genie WP Favicon’ sub-menu under the ‘Appearance’ option of your dashboard to setup the plugin.
- Upload your favicon and refresh your page.
- Network sites have to be updated individually.
- Does Genie WP Favicon support Apple Touch icon?
Yes, it adds the favicon icon to the Apple Touch devices also.
Contributors & Developers
“Genie WP Favicon” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- PHP deprecated methods removed
- compatibility with 4.3 verified
- Bugs with the Apple Touch device support fixed – Thanks @MonkeyKong for support
- Request for plugin promotion added
- Option to disable Apple’s gloss effect on image and preserve the user effects
- Bugs fixed
- Initial commit