Get Access to Genesis What’s New Admin Page
This simple & lightweight plugin has currently only one task: bring you access to the “What’s New” page for Genesis Framework. You can access it everytime in the left-hand admin menu under “Genesis > What’s New”. (Before this plugin it did only show up when you did an auto update of Genesis.)
Please note: The plugin requires the Genesis Theme Framework, a paid premium product released by StudioPress/ Copyblogger Media LLC (via studiopress.com).
Video of Plugin’s Live Demo and Walkthrough:
original video link by plugin developer David Decker
- Genesis version 1.9.x or higher (obviously :).
- At least capability of ‘edit_theme_options’ for the user.
- …and the user must have any of the default Genesis admin pages activated in the user profile.
- Maybe further info/ features will be added to this plugin from time to time.
- Suggestions can be made via contact info below.
- English (default) – always included
- German (de_DE) – always included
- .pot file (
genesis-whats-new-info.pot) for translators is also always included 🙂
- Easy plugin translation platform with GlotPress tool: Translate “Genesis What’s New Info”…
- Your translation? – Just send it in
- I am open for your suggestions and feedback – Thank you for using or trying out one of my plugins!
- Drop me a line @deckerweb on Twitter
- Follow me on my Facebook page
- Or follow me on +David Decker on Google Plus 😉
- …is Quality Made in Germany
- …was created with love (and some coffee) on an Ubuntu Linux powered machine 🙂
- Also see my other plugins or see my WordPress.org profile page
- Tip: GenesisFinder – Find then create. Your Genesis Framework Search Engine.
- Hey, come & join the Genesis Community on Google+ 🙂
Enjoy using Genesis What’s New Info? Please consider making a small donation to support the project’s continued development.
- English – default, always included
- German (de_DE): Deutsch – immer dabei! Download auch via deckerweb.de
- For custom and update-secure language files please upload them to
/wp-content/languages/genesis-whats-new-info/(just create this folder) – This enables you to use fully custom translations that won’t be overridden on plugin updates. Also, complete custom English wording is possible with that as well, just use a language file like
genesis-whats-new-info-en_US.mo/.poto achieve that.
Easy plugin translation platform with GlotPress tool: Translate “Genesis What’s New Info”…
Note: All my plugins are internationalized/ translateable by default. This is very important for all users worldwide. So please contribute your language to the plugin to make it even more useful. For translating I recommend the awesome “Codestyling Localization” plugin and for validating the “Poedit Editor”, which works fine on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Idea Behind / Philosophy
Really simple stuff: bring a link to an already existing Genesis admin page to the left-hand admin menu. Result: “Genesis > What’s New”
- Thanks to Gary Jones @garyj for initial idea to create this plugin! Follow him and support his work via Gamajo Tech at gamajo.com
Last but not least
Special Thanks go out to my family for allowing me to do such spare time projects (aka free plugins) and supporting me in every possible way!
- Where does the content come from?
It comes straight from Genesis core! This plugin only hooks in a few links to this already existing admin page.
- BUGFIX: Fixed PHP notice.
- NEW: Added Toolbar integration.
- UPDATE: Improved translation loading.
- UPDATE: Minor code and readme adjustments :).
- UPDATE: Updated German translations and also the .pot file for all translators.
- Initial release
- NOTE: This plugin is only for Genesis Version 1.9.x or higher!