Adds support for exporting settings of various Genesis Framework specific plugins & Child Themes via the Genesis Exporter feature.
Just see plugin description page for a typical workflow example.
Good question, hehe :). Simple answer: not possible as these settings belong to the actual post meta. You can always import & export all posts/ pages/ custom post types via the NATIVE WORDPRESS export and import functionality. This applies for any inpost/ inpage/ CPT post meta settings in WordPress generally. All administrator users have access to "Tools" in the left-hand admin menu and could do exports and imports.
That's just not possible yet. Still, there is no such functionality in WordPress core as is in Genesis yet! However, there's a nice third-party plugin for that, to use at your own risk: "Widget Settings Importer/Exporter"
I can only support plugins and child themes that make use of the WordPress/ Genesis settings API and use a settings field other than that from Genesis itself. Will more developers add this to their work I could add support in this helper plugin. It's as simple as that :).
The way better alternative, though, is, when developers add that little hook in to the Genesis Exporter natively! In this case I might remove support here for such a plugin/ child theme, of course.
Also note, some plugins have 1 or 2 little settings included in Genesis Theme Settings, therefore THESE settings are then included in the native Genesis export file. So you'll already have these safe for your exports and imports as well.
"Prose" natively includes its settings on the Genesis exporter page, so you're already hooked up! You can export and import all "Design Settings" at any time!
Just make sure you have the very same versions of the plugins or child themes installed. If you have a development and live install, just make sure, both have "Genesis Simple Hooks, version 220.127.116.11" installed, to name an example. -- Reason: Sometimes setting field names could differ between different versions, or settings may be added or removed in newer/ older versions.
Just to clarify: This plugin here does NO export/ import ON ITS OWN! It just hooks in to the existing Genesis Exporter feature and leverages existing Genesis & WordPress functionality :).
Just have look at the plugin & child theme listing:
List of Supported Plugins
- Genesis Simple Hooks (free, by StudioPress/Copyblogger Media LLC)
- Genesis Simple Sidebars (free, by StudioPress/Copyblogger Media LLC)
- Genesis Slider (free, by StudioPress/Copyblogger Media LLC)
- Genesis Responsive Slider (free, by StudioPress/Copyblogger Media LLC)
- Genesis Simple Edits (free, by StudioPress/Copyblogger Media LLC)
- Genesis Layout Extras (free, by David Decker - DECKERWEB)
- Genesis Simple Comments (free, by Nick Croft)
- Genesis Simple Breadcrumbs (free, by Nick Croft)
- Genesis Responsive Header (free, by Nick Croft)
- Genesis Grid Loop (free, by Bill Erickson)
- Genesis Bootstrap Carousel (free, by Justin Tallant)
- Genesis Widget Toggle (free, by Arya Prakasa)
- Genesis Accordion (free, by Pat Ramsey)
- Genesis Post Navigation (free, by Iniyan)
- Genesis 404 Page (free, by Bill Erickson)
- Genesis Design Palette (free, by Andrew Norcross)
- Generate Box (free, by Hesham Zebida)
- Genesis Custom Backgrounds (free, by Travis Smith)
- Genesis Custom Post Types Archives (free, by Travis Smith)
- Genesis Portfolio (free, by Travis Smith) (plugin currently in beta state!)
- WP Genesis Box (free, by Jimmy Peña)
- Dynamic Content Gallery (DCG) (free, by Adew Walker/ studiograsshopper.ch) - from the Genesis ecosystem :)
- WP-Cycle (free, by Nathan Rice) - from the Genesis ecosystem :)
- special bonus: Premise, including "Member Access" module (premium, by Copyblogger Media LLC)
List of Supported Child Themes (free & premium)
- All by "Web Savvy Marketing, LLC", 19 by the time of plugin release (all premium)
- All by "Themedy" brand (by Red Streams Consulting), 17 by the time of plugin release (1 free, other premium)
- All by "Agent Evolution, LLC", 2 by the time of plugin release (all premium)
- All by "GenesisAwesome" (aka Harish Dasari), 3 by the time of plugin release (all free)
- 9 child themes by "ZigZagPress" brand: Bijou, Engrave, Eshop, Megalithe, Showroom, Single, Solo, Tequila, Vanilla (all premium)
- "Curtail" (premium, by Thomas Griffin Media -- via studiopress.com)
- "Genesis Sandbox" (free, by SureFireWebservice & Travis Smith)
- "Sandbox Theme" (premium, by SureFire Themes brand)
- "AyoShop" v1.1+ (currently free, by AyoThemes)
- "Dizain-01" (premium, by ThemeDizain)
- "Radio" (free, by Greg Rickaby -- via GitHub.com)
- "Egreen" (premium, by ThemeWolf)
- "Bigg" (free, by OD - OpenDesigns.org)
Requires: 3.3 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.5.2
Last Updated: 2013-4-7
Active Installs: 800+
0 of 1 support threads in the last two months have been resolved.
Got something to say? Need help?