Adds support for exporting settings of various Genesis Framework specific plugins & Child Themes via the Genesis Exporter feature.
Backup or Transfer Settings
Finally, not only do backups or transfers of Genesis core settings but also hook in official & third-party plugins plus some child themes. Especially useful for developers to speed up their work!
A great helper tool for Genesis child themes plus Genesis-specific plugins with their own extra settings!
See the FAQ here for a full list of supported plugins & child themes...
Typical Workflow Example
Transfer settings from a development install to the live/ production install.
1) Prerequisites/ Requirements:
- On BOTH sites/ installations you have installed & activated for example the (great) "Curtail" child theme, plus the following plugins: Genesis Layout Extras, Genesis Responsive Slider, Genesis Simple Hooks, Genesis Simple Sidebars.
- On BOTH sites/ installations you have installed & activated this plugin, "Genesis Extra Settings Transporter".
- It's recommended to have THE VERY SAME VERSIONS installed on the original site and also the receiving site. Reason: sometimes settings differ between plugin or child theme versions. So with making sure you have the same versions installed you just ensure the correct settings are included within the export file.
- On the development install: Just make an Export file via "Genesis > Import/Export" admin page:
- In the "Export" section there enable all checkboxes you need.
- Save the .JSON file to your computer.
- On the live/ production site, just import this .JSON file and you're done! ;-)
Please note: This plugin requires the Genesis Theme Framework.
genesis-extra-settings-transporter.pot) for translators is also always included :)
Requires: 3.3 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.5.2
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Active Installs: 700+
Got something to say? Need help?