The SEO Framework removes the Generator tag put in place by WordPress. The Generator plugin allows you to add it back and customize its output.
This plugin adds a Generator Meta Tag Metabox to the SEO Settings page of The SEO Framework.
This plugin outputs the Generator Meta Tag beneath the other The Seo Framework meta tags when activated.
The Generator meta tag holds (almost) no SEO value, but might give code browsers an idea what you’re using to create your content. The Generator tag should only point to software used to generate your website. E.g. WordPress 4.4.0 or The SEO Framework 2.2.7, etc.
About The SEO Framework
The all in one automated SEO optimization plugin for WordPress
Get it here: The SEO Framework plugin from WordPress.org
- This plugin requires WordPress 3.6.0 and up
- This plugin requires The SEO Framework 2.3.0 and up
This is an example plugin, but is fully operational.
The following examples are available within the map /other-examples/:
- Class-based fully documented (original)
- Class-based normally documented (.min)
- Class-based normally documented, without examples, with smart functions (.supermin)
- Function-based fully documented (.noclass)
- Function-based normally documented (.noclass.min)
- Class-based barely documented without examples, a compressed “bad example” with smart functions and traces of Yoda code (.badmin)
All example files do exactly the same, but are written differently. Only the original and the .noclass files will be maintained.
Read about this example plugin here: Generator – The SEO Framework API Docs
This plugin contains no filters, constants or actions.
Add your own settings to and interact with The SEO Framework.
Read how to here: The SEO Framework Settings API
1.0.3 – the_the
- Fixed: Typo in the filter, caused the generator tag not to be output on the front-end.
1.0.2 – Regarding Update
- Updated: All files.
- Updated: Now requires version 2.3.0 or later of The SEO Framework.
- Fixed: PHP Warnings that come with the upcoming The SEO Framework 2.3.5 update (removal of constants, filters, etc.).
1.0.1 – Plugin Markup
- Fixed: Plugin header
- Changed: Plugin text domain is now complying with the WordPress.org repository.
- Removed: Plugin header for unused files to prevent conflicts.
1.0.0 – Generator
- Initial release.
- This plugin contains a few other examples of this plugin too in the other-examples map.
- The code is fully documented. The .min versions are more compact. The .supermin version contains the least comments, fewer examples and some smart functions and variables.