This plugin adds a new offline payment gateway to WooCommerce that allows your customers to request an invoice with a Purchase Order.
There are a number of options:
- You can set the plugin to ask the customer for a Purchase Order Number, and dictate whether this is mandatory or can be left blank.
- You can set the plugin to ask the customer for a postal address for the invoice.
- You can set the plugin to pre-fill this address with the customer’s existing billing address (if they are logged in, and have one set in WooCommerce)
- You can set the plugin to add supplied Purchase Order information to order notification emails
When an order is received, the plugin will add all of the submitted information on to the WooCommerce View Order screen.
As of version 2.0, you can also add Purchase Order information to orders created through the WooCommerce Admin screens, and edit Purchase Order information saved against an existing order.
Note: This plugin does not (currently, at least) generate the actual invoices – it is only used to collect the Purchase Order information.
WooCommerce, at least version 3.0.
Once installed and activated, you need to enable the Payment Gateway in WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout (or via the plugin’s Settings link on the WordPress Plugins page) – you can then set the various options for the plugin at the same time.
Licensed under the GNU General Public License v2.0
Install via the WordPress Plugin Directory, or download a release from this repository and install as you would a normal WordPress plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“GazChap's WooCommerce Purchase Order Payment Gateway” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added language translation files for en-US and en-GB, primarily for correct spelling of “Organisation” in the United States. A .pot file is also included for other translators.
- Data submitted for the Purchase Order is now also stored in individual meta keys on the order, as well as in the original array format.
- The Purchase Order data (PO number, and address details if enabled) can now be edited/added for orders in the WooCommerce Admin screens – thanks to Bryson Sask at Key Innovations for the request.
- Bugfix: Fixed a PHP Notice being raised in the email_instructions() method – thanks to sharespring for the report.
- Bugfix: Fixed some deprecated code notices being generated by WooCommerce 3+
- Bugfix: Removed an odd duplicate “if” block that’s crept in somehow!
- Bugfix: Payment method “description” is now shown during checkout. Thank you to pixelyzed for the bug report.
- Updated the notice shown if WooCommerce is deactivated to include the plugin name
- Bugfix: Purchase Order metadata is now saved to the order before emails are triggered to be sent.
- New: Setting to add the supplied Purchase Order Number to the email notifications
- New: Setting to add the supplied Purchase Order Address to the email notifications
- Initial release.