Displays the GameBattles stats for your clans roster of players. It also for Xbox360 clans displays whether the player is online and what game they are playing.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- insert [gamebattles:(gamebattles stat url. Its your clan page with /stats.xml added at the end)] into a post.
I get a for each item error message
This is most likely due to GameBattles status, as we all know from time to time GameBattles goes down for scheduled maintenance if this happens and the script is getting the latest data you will receive this message (this is being worked on). You can either wait 24 hours or remove the gb file from the plugin directories folder this will make the script search for the data again the next time the page is loaded and hopefully with GameBattles now no longer under maintenance.
I used an older version of the plugin that stopped working after a while
Unfortunately the way I wrote the plugin initially caused a large volume of traffic on the GameBattles server they didn’t like this and so have probably banned your IP address. This happened to me and I’m glad to say that having spoken to an admin using live chat I was unbanned after providing my servers IP address and advising them that it was a web server. The current version of the plugin caches the GameBattles data for 24 hours and so we won’t be hurting their servers.
Contributors & Developers
“GameBattles Roster” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Initial release.
- Fix for strange characters in team/user names
- Gets data from GameBattles every 24 hours and caches it, this stops your server getting banned by them
- Uses a new source for Xbox Live details as the previous source shut down
- Checks GB data before updating the cache, if it errors then doesn’t update the cache