Gamatam Tasks tracks tasks between Worpress users, allowing users to edit the description, change the task status, change the priority and assign the task to a different user. It is not as comprehensive as most issue trackers (no work flow etc) by design, I found a lot of clients looking for something more useful than a spreadsheet or todo list, but not as complicated to use as bugzilla, trac et al.
I’ve also streamlined the main user interface (‘Current Tasks’ in the admin section) to use AJAX to update the tasks. I’ve really minimized the amount of ‘noise’ a user would normally be subjected to, so some ‘power users’ might not approve.
Gamatam Tasks has the following features:
- Uses WordPress Users
- Status can be ‘open’, ‘in progress’, ‘testing’, ‘closed’ and ‘deleted’
- Priority can be ‘high’, medium, ‘low’
- Tasks with ‘deleted’ status are not removed from the database, put can be removed permanently
- Two main views of tasks: ** ‘Current Tasks’ is a working view of the tasks without ‘closed’ or ‘deleted’ tasks and easy AJAX editing ** ‘All Tasks’ is a report view of all tasks with inline editing of tasks
- A widget is available with summary of tasks
- A dashboard is also available with a summary of tasks
To be added in following releases: * Tasks export/import * Task filtering report * Widget task editing * User management * Email notification – maybe * Project support – maybe
Is there email notification?
No. I made the decision not to as I find it too noisy, but might add it in future releases as an option.
What about great feature ‘X’?
Well, drop me an email and I’ll see if I have time, but I am trying to keep it simple.