Follow me on Twitter for updates and new stuff! @add_action_dan
Gaia Rendering’s FTB Blog is intended for a developer to impliment as it requires additions and changes to theme files
Please read the Read Me file
Gaia FTB (Freetile Blog) Blog creates a custom post type that can be filtered by custom taxonomy (dynamically updated) and CAN randomly set the post width to either X, X2, or X3. It also uses the default WP featured image if present.
You can also use the default WordPress posts if you don’t want to use the CPT included.
Turning off ‘show title’ and ‘show excerpt’ essentally turn Gaia FTB blog into an image wall that randomly CAN set the width of the images.
Note: your must set the ‘Use default Posts or the Gaia Free Tile CPT?’ options to the correct setting if you are using either the php or the shortcode method of displaying the output.
By WordPress Backend:
- Search for ‘Gaia Freetile Blog.’
- Click ‘Install’ from the plugs-in search page.
- Click ‘Activate’ from the plug-in page.
- Goto Gaia FTB Blog > Options and set column width, margin, padding, and border.
- column width should be approximately 1/9th the width of your containing div
- options must be saved upon install for the plugin to act correctly
- Place code into your theme files (see below). Refer to the ‘examples’ directory of the plugin files for code to insert into your theme files.
- populate content.
- Have fun!
- Upload to wp-content/plugins
- Continue from step 3 above
- [gaia_ftb_random] – uses CPT and randomizes the sizes of the post containers
- [gaia_ftb_not_random] – uses CPT but does not randomize sizes of post containers
- [gaia_ftb_random_default] – uses WP default posts and randomizes the size of the post container
- [gaia_ftb_not_random_default] – uses WP default posts but does not randomize the size of the post container
Call back function (place this on the page template you want Gaia FTB Blog to show up, full width / no sidebar is recommended):
List taxonomy code:
< ?php //this displays the categories
- Can this be used as a Photo Wall
Yes, just set the border to 0 and adjust settings the hide title and excerpt
Contributors & Developers
“Gaia Freetile Blog” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- inital upload
- Updated readme
- Fixed multiplier for fiexed width output
- Sterilized user settings to allow for the use of ‘px’
- Cleaned up php to removed un-needed warning
- Updated admin page with known settings and css
- Updated non random width equation though still having issues with ‘3 wide’
- Added twitter handle to description
- A slightly better equation for the non random output at ‘2’ and ‘3’