The plugin is pre-configured by default to collect the subscribers' email addresses and names and send confirmation and welcome emails. You can modify the default settings as you like.
1. Go to WP-Admin -> Settings -> G-Lock Double Opt-In Manager
2. Email Settings:
- From Name: - enter the name you want to send notification emails to new subscribers from. It may be either your contact name, or company name.
- From Email: - enter the email address you want to send notification emails to new subscribers from
- Send Welcome Message – check this box if you want to send a welcome message to each new subscriber
- Send Unsubscribe Notification - check this box if you want to send a notification that the user has successfully unsubscribed from your list
3. Submission Form:
- Form Title: - type a title for your signup form
- Form Header: - type a text that will appear above the signup form (for example, ask the user to fill in the form to subscribe)
- Form Footer: - type a text that will appear below the signup form (for example, an email privacy statement)
- Form Fields: - fields the user must fill in. By default there are "First Name" and "Email". You can add more fields by clicking on "Add Field" button. You can re-order fields as you like. To move a field, drag it up or down and drop it.
- "Subscribe" button - button the user must click to subscribe. You can change the button label if you like.
4. Confirmation Email:
(will contain a subscription confirmation link and will be sent to the user after he clicks "Subscribe")
- Subject: - confirmation email subject (usually it clearly asks the user to confirm his subscription)
- Message: - confirmation email text including the subscription confirmation link
- Available variables - the variables you can use in your confirmation email, welcome message and on action pages. They will be replaced with the real data in the emails. The available variables are:
5. Welcome Email:
(will be sent to the user after he confirms his subscription)
- Subject: - welcome email subject (usually it thanks the user for his subscription)
- Message: - welcome email text. It's highly recommended that you welcome each new subscriber with a well written email message.
6. Unsubscribe Email:
(will be sent to the user after he/she unsubscribes)
- Subject: - email subject (for example, Removal Request Confirmation)
- Message: - email text
7. Action Pages:
(are displayed on your blog after the user fills in the form)
- Wrong email address format: - asks the user to enter a valid email address;
- Confirmation required: - asks the user to check his mailbox and confirm the subscription;
- Confirmation successful: - thanks the user for confirming his subscription;
- Email address is already subscribed and confirmed: - tells the user that his email address is already subscribed and confirmed;
- Email address is already subscribed but not confirmed: - tells the user that his email address is already subscribed but not confirmed;
- Unsubscription successful: - tells the user that he was successfully unsubscribed from the mailing list.
After you modified the settings and made sure everything is OK, click on Update Options button to apply the changes.
If you find any bugs or have ideas for improvements or enhancements to functionality, please tell us. If possible, we will take your hints in consideration for future releases. If you have any questions or problems and want to get help from our support team or other users, please, visit G-Lock Software Community Forums: http://www.justlan.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=24 We will be proud to help you. We will be happy if you could suggest WordPress Double Opt-In List Management Plugin from G-Lock Software to other people who could be interested in it, e. g. your friends, colleagues or maybe even your website visitors.
Read how you can manage your mailing list in WordPress here: