This (relatively simple) plugin gives site owners an opportunity to stuff some SEO-friendly text into the homepage (and only the homepage) of their site. It will initially display only as a link, but when the visitor clicks the link, the full specified text displays right there in the footer for the user to see.
It is also a great example of how to use wp_editor() [new in 3.3] and still be backwards-compatible.
The admin side, as of v1.0.1, has a text box for you to specify your own CSS stylings of the footer div. So go ahead and make it look however you like!
- Install via the WordPress Plugins Repository
- Add your copy via Appearance > Homepage Footer
- (optional) Add styling to the #footer_on_homepage and #footer_on_hoomepage_wrap elements in the admin page.
Contributors & Developers
“Footer On Homepage” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed glitch where I used wp_header action rather than wp_head.
- Added box for custom CSS styling.
- Not Applicable, initial public release.