The Graphiq Search Plugin gives you seamless access to more than 10 billion pre-designed, interactive visualizations. We scan the content of your article and scour our knowledge graph to find the most relevant visualization matches to maximize user engagement and help your content stand out.
All Graphiq visualizations are live-updating and built upon the world’s deepest knowledge graph, comprised of 270B+ data points across thousands of important topics, from companies and health to entertainment and sports.
To begin, click the “Add Visualizations” button above the post editor. If your post contains any content, we’ll begin searching for visualizations that match what you’re writing about. You can also directly access Graphiq Search from within the Graphiq Search Plugin and search for something specific, see trending visuals, or browse by category. To start a search, simply begin typing in the search box in the WordPress sidebar.
Once you’ve found the visualization you want to use, click the “Add” button to insert the visualization into your post. The content will appear as a gray placeholder within your article. To see the content in action, simply preview or publish your post.
The plugin includes access to billions of data visualizations covering 1,500+ topics (ex: Presidents), 500 million entities (ex: Donald Trump), and billions of data points (ex: Trump’s
historical approval ratings compared to other presidents).
- 1,200+ Authoritative Data Sources: Our sources update in real-time and are vetted and approved by the world’s leading journalists.
- Matches Powered by A.I.: Our technology provides direct matches for 75% of editorial content.
- Embed in 3 Easy Clicks: Our pre-made visualizations are ready to be embedded immediately. Simple Search our library, customize the viz to your liking, and paste the embed code!
- 40% Increase in Engagement: Our visualizations are a proven tool to drive increased engagement. Readers spend 15-40 seconds interacting with visualizations placed within editorial content.
- Capitalize on Reader Engagement: Does your site do more than 3M monthly pageviews? Participate in our revenue-share program on ad-supported visualizations.
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Use the “Add Visuals” button above the editor to discover and add visuals.
I never write reviews but Im writing this because this was once the most promising plugin on WP but recently shot itself in the foot with over-the-top, animated ads which kill any credibility this plugin provides by making your site look spammy, slowing it down, and steal the visual appeal of the graphic.
I get it, its a huge cost to provide the data they provide and although I’m sure their partners, AP, AOL, HuffPost, etc. can afford having no ads but, for small publishers, this plugin is now useless though I was completely okay with their previous version with their watermark and link to site.
There are other options out there and I hope the author realizes that. No other plugin does this to the extent where its visual benefit is now destroyed. I can find/create graphs, they just made it a little easier- but not at this cost.
I hope the author will resolve what I believe to be a completely self-defeating feature to an otherwise great product that deserved a 5 star review- I gave it 2 for at least offering a great plugin the past. Maybe Im ungrateful but I was happy to give them and their affiliates credit/traffic for graphics, not make my site look its 1999.
If the author would like to make changes such as advertisements that dont distract from their visuals, I would be happy to fix my rating. I think thats reasonable considering they make money in conjunction with large publishers who split revenue off ads and exchange information/traffic. The visual cost now outweighs its benefit, its simple as that. Its a stupid business decision considering their business is literally based on visual appeal.
-fresh, unique insights into trending topics
-visually-aesthetic visuals and graphs (minus, you know, animated multi-colored banners I havent seen since 1999)
-author doesnt include their use of obnoxious ads in screenshots, literally clips the screenshot where ads would be
-track users, sell information to content providers/advertisers
–ADS, ADS ADS!
I get it, ads are necessary given how much time and money goes into such a great plugin but colorful, animated 3rd party banners on a plugin meant to enhance aesthetic value and boost reader engagement is, in my opinion, stupid given Graqphiq’s watermark is ALREADY ON THE PRODUCT (as well as links to the sites the information comes from). Watermarks are absolutely okay but flashy banners in addition to your own 3X WITHIN THE CONTENT arent when cheapen any “credibility” these graphics add by making your site look like a spam site
Sad end to one great, promising product.
Contributors & Developers
“Graphiq Search” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Ensure that widgets.js is enqueued in footer, since it must be executed after visualizations are added to the page
- Removed requirement for title attribute to be present in shortcode
- Fix AMP violation, ensure all AMP styles appear in head element
- Fix AMP compatibility, remove require_once (Cheers to Stanko Metodiev for reporting!)
- Add support for AMP embed code (when using WP-AMP plugin)
- Default to wordpress shortcodes when embedding a story asset
- Add support for inserting stories–a new asset type!
- Pass plugin version when making requests to Graphiqs search API
- Internal code restructuring for VIP
- Fix Graphiq URL references, minify standalone cms integration library
- More flexible data type handling for shortcodes
- Minor wording change for launch button
- Update plugin branding
- Better validation and syntax for WordPress VIP coding standards
- Removed use of extract for WordPress VIP
- Add support for “Page” post type
- Significant overhaul, rebranding as the “Visual Search” plugin
- Begin indexing full breadth of content and visuals
- More descriptive widget placeholders when editing post
- Add optional API Key support for premium partners
- Fix iframe API interface with graphiq application
- Add HTTPS/SSL support
- Add support for dealing with rate limited requests
- Remove use of namespaces to support PHP 5.3
- Optional support for custom post types
- Fix image resource paths
- Full revamp from initial version 1.0