This plugin provides a shortcode which render forms that calculate and explain annuities certain, repayment mortgages etc: maths questions which typically appear in the CT1 actuarial exam and the Interest Theory part of the Financial Mathematics exam.
- Download, unzip and upload to your WordPress plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Add the shortcode [fin-math] to a page (not a post).
- Where is the plugin running?
It’s running at Financial mathematics
- How do I run the unit tests?
Install phpunit and enter
Contributors & Developers
“Financial Mathematics” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Removed dud references to bdmfst (an old defunct domain).
- Gets mathjax for either http or https.
- Tested it works with WordPress 4.1.
- Included necessary PEAR files.
- Bug fix: removed a call-by-reference
- Tested it works with WordPress 3.8.
- Added comment about needing to install PEAR.
- Bug fix. Par yields not shown for irrelevant terms.
- Presentation. Actuarial symbol used for annuity certain.
Concept classes (input/output forms) refactored and docuemented.
Spot rates added to [fin-math] and [concept_spot_rates] shortcodes.
Multiple cashflows (mixtures of annuities) enabled in [fin-math].
- All forms loadable with single shortcode [fin-math].
- Bug fix. Decreasing annuity can be entered.
- Classes and tests placed in own folders. MathJax loaded remotely (no need to extra plugin).
- Renamed files to conform better to WordPress PHP coding standards.
- Added phpunit tests.
- Bug fix. Annuity “Just show me the answer” button redirects to correct page.
- Bug fix. Formula for i(m) in mortgage schedule has right sign in power.
- Bug fix. Shortcode attributes now work.
- convertInt shortcode added (converts interest rates).
- Formulae shown for mortgage repayment schedule.
- shortcode attributes enable question or answer form to be excluded.
- plugin options page (help page) added to admin menu.
- annuityCertain, mortgage shortcodes.