Plugin sanitizes cyrillic (Ukrainian, Russian, Belorussian), German, French, Polish, Spanish, Hungarian, Czech, Slovak, Greek, Swedish, Finnish, Latvian, Estonian and other filenames to latin characters during upload.
Plugin converts filenames to lowercase automatically.
List of sanitizing letters:
а б в г д е ж з и й к л м н о п р с т у ф х ц ч ш щ ь ю я ґ є і ї ё ы ъ э ў ą ć ę ł ń ó ś ź ż à á â ã ä å æ ç è é ê ë ì í î ï ð ñ ò ó ô õ ö × ø ù ú û ü ý þ ÿ ß ő ű ě š č ř ž ý á é ď ť ň ú ů α β γ δ ε ζ η θ ι κ λ μ ν ξ ο π ρ σ τ υ φ χ ψ ω ά έ ή ί ό ύ ώ ς ΐ ϊ ϋ ΰ.
- Install plugin and activate it on the Plugins page
- Now your media filenames will be sanitized to latin automatically
Also, it prevents issues if names contain non-Latin characters.
What else to say?
No more problems with missing images after moving a website 🙂
Contributors & Developers
“Filenames to latin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
2.5 – 2016-11-17
- Added support for Mongolian language (thanks to Jeremy Skelton)
- Added support for Slovak language (thanks to Corneliuscz)
- Bugfixing and adding new special chars
2.4 – 2016-10-20
- Added support for Estonian language (thanks to Madis – https://profiles.wordpress.org/madis)
2.3 – 2016-10-16
- Added support for Latvian language (thanks to Degi)
2.2 – 2016-06-05
- Added support for Finnish language (thanks to Subsup – https://wordpress.org/support/profile/subsup)
- Minor refactoring
2.1 – 2016-03-18
- Minor changes and code refactoring
- Published plugin to GitHub
2.0 – 2014-01-30
- rewrite the plugin’s code completely
- combine 2 arrays of letters into 1 associative array for easier updating
- add exceptions for some languages
- added Swedish letters (thanks to Leah – https://wordpress.org/support/profile/gezan)
1.8 – 2014-01-08
- added Greek letters (thanks to senortiago)
1.7 – 2013-07-24
- minor changes
1.6 – 2013-03-02
- added Czech letters (thanks to Jiri)
1.5 – 2013-01-13
- fixed German letters (thanks to Bjoern)
1.4 – 2012-10-31
- minor changes
- added Hungarian letters
- converting filenames to lowercase automatically
- added Belorussian, German, Polish, Spanish and many other letters
- initial release