- You need to load/activate the curl extension. If you do't know what this means, just go on. Most servers have curl installed!
- Download the plugin and extract its contents.
- Upload the
fifa-world-cup-south-africa-scoreboard folder to the
- Activate FIFA World Cup South Africa scoreboard plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- In your admin console, go to Appeareance > Widgets, drag the FIFA World Cup South Africa Scoreboard widget to wherever you want it to be, configure it and click on Save.
- More options in Settings > FIFA World Cup South Africa Scoreboard.
- (optional) Use [wp_fifa_world_cup_scoreboard] into a post or a page.
- Any malfunction please drop me a line in http://nomikos.info/2010/06/10/fifa-world-cup-south-africa-scoreboard-wp-plugin.html
Problems fetching data? Easy...
- This would be very rare, but if the scraper seems to fail, check following permissions in folder fifa-world-cup-south-africa-scoreboard/
- Verifies that you have curl installed (mandatory).
- chmod 757 php/tmp && chmod 646 php/tmp/cookies.txt (mandatory).
- chmod 757 log && chmod 646 log.txt (optional for logging).
Due to the fact that some themes are not widget-ready, or that some blog users don't like widgets at all, there's another choice: the nomikos_fifa_world_cup_scoreboard_widget_manual template tag. With it, you can embed the scoreboard on your site's sidebar without using a widget. This function also accepts parameters (optional) so you can customize the look and feel of the listing.
Without any parameters:
- It will show random groups with date and one row by match.
- It will show random groups if you do not pass at least one group.
- date (0|1): show date of match.
- one_row (0|1): reduce the output. useful in small sidebars.
- a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h: groups of teams.