Get the latest results of 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ in your WordPress blog. Put a shortcode: wp_fifa_world_cup_scoreboard into a post or page and/or use the sidebar widget. Automatically updated after each match!
CAVEAT: This plugin has a scraper included that fetch data from the FIFA official website. All outbound links go to their website.
- The plugin is brand new.
- Check changelog please.
- Code should be updated frequently… As long as my team keep winning. LOL. Please at least, check for updates, before the second fase of the World Cup.
- The scraper is deployed only if necessary (when someone visits a page or post with the shortcode [wp_fifa_world_cup_scoreboard] included or the sidebar’s widget is executed).
- When this happens, the plugin checks the last time of scraping. If there is new match unparsed will be deployed, otherwise uses data from an internal cache.
- Add last news feeds.
- Maybe some images/videos into a jquery-generated tooltip. (Too much?)
- Any idea?
- Work for money!!!
- You need to load/activate the curl extension. If you do’t know what this means, just go on. Most servers have curl installed!
- Download the plugin and extract its contents.
- Upload the
fifa-world-cup-south-africa-scoreboardfolder to the
- Activate FIFA World Cup South Africa scoreboard plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- In your admin console, go to Appeareance > Widgets, drag the FIFA World Cup South Africa Scoreboard widget to wherever you want it to be, configure it and click on Save.
- More options in Settings > FIFA World Cup South Africa Scoreboard.
- (optional) Use [wp_fifa_world_cup_scoreboard] into a post or a page.
- Any malfunction please drop me a line in http://nomikos.info/2010/06/10/fifa-world-cup-south-africa-scoreboard-wp-plugin.html
Problems fetching data? Easy…
- This would be very rare, but if the scraper seems to fail, check following permissions in folder fifa-world-cup-south-africa-scoreboard/
- Verifies that you have curl installed (mandatory).
- chmod 757 php/tmp && chmod 646 php/tmp/cookies.txt (mandatory).
- chmod 757 log && chmod 646 log.txt (optional for logging).
Due to the fact that some themes are not widget-ready, or that some blog users don’t like widgets at all, there’s another choice: the nomikos_fifa_world_cup_scoreboard_widget_manual template tag. With it, you can embed the scoreboard on your site’s sidebar without using a widget. This function also accepts parameters (optional) so you can customize the look and feel of the listing.
Without any parameters:
<?php if (function_exists('nomikos_fifa_world_cup_scoreboard_widget_manual')) nomikos_fifa_world_cup_scoreboard_widget_manual(); ?>
- It will show random groups with date and one row by match.
<?php if (function_exists('nomikos_fifa_world_cup_scoreboard_widget_manual')) nomikos_fifa_world_cup_scoreboard_widget_manual("date=1&one_row=1&a=1&d=1"); ?>
- It will show random groups if you do not pass at least one group.
- date (0|1): show date of match.
- one_row (0|1): reduce the output. useful in small sidebars.
- a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h: groups of teams.
- How are you?
- Fine, thanks! o/ \o high five!
Contributors & Developers
“FIFA World Cup South Africa Scoreboard” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Stage 2 updated.
- Countdown added to each match.
- Safe mode on compatibility.
- Scraper updated.
- Function to switch to local time added to page && sidebar.
- Sidebar widget now shows one group at a time.
- Top bar shows “Last result”, “Next macth” and “Now playing” (if there is a match in progress).
- Fade effect added to top bar.
- Top bar now fix better in 1024px wide screens.
- Schedule image in sidebar added.
- Top bar & sidebar schedule can be removed from Options panel.
- Scraper partial fixed. Next version will be complete.
- Scraper partial fixes. Next version will be complete.
- Directory problem fixed!!!
- Directory problem fixed.
- General improvements.
- Method init run only once. Set data for widget and page first time is called.
- New options panel in admin panel.
- Refresh button added to top bar. Force scraping.
- Top bar updated. Now say “Now playing…” or “Last result…”
- Sync with the official schedule for deploying the scraper once by match.
- Static bar at the top added. Opened only in time of match.
- readme.txt updated
- Public release