You add a shortcode to your page or post and the plugin will render it as
a table of your feeds with buttons for RSS, Google, Bloglines, and Yahoo.
You can configure the listing to a certain extent.
At present the listing is ordered alphabetically by the category URL. Provided your feed URL’s follow the usual pattern, this ordering will also reflect the hierarchical structure of your categores. Sub-categories will be indented below their parent.
A minimal shortcode takes the form
There are no required attributes. Optional attributes are:
- counts (set to “none” to hide counts)
For more details please refer to the WordPress codex:
Also to the plugin home page:
- Install from the repository at WordPress.org
- Download the zipped plugin
- Unzip it and put the folder in your wp-contents/plugins folder
- Why this plugin?
This is a lightweight plugin that will make it easy for your readers to subscribe to targeted RSS feeds. Useful for newsletters and announcements, for example.
- What are the limitations?
The only ordering option currently available is alphabetical-hierarchical.
The plugin actually orders the feeds based on the category URLs.
If you are doing something unusual with your category URLs you may find
that plugin does not order your feeds in the expected way. I do hope to make
that more robust in the future.
- Are you offering support for this plugin?
Contributors & Developers
“Feeds a la carte” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Changed cat_ID to term_id
- hide_empty now set to false for the initial category harvest
- hide_empty will still apply later in the process
- Include information about category counts
- Fixed bad handling of empty categories
- Shortcode attribute
count="none"will hide counts
- Feed listings now include by default a link to the site_feed called “All Categories”
** This behavior can be suppressed using the site_feed attribute in the shortcode.
- Added new shortcode attribute: site_feed
** site_feed defaults to ‘true’
** any other setting interpreted as false
** Use this attribute to allow or suppress the “All Categories” feed
- Styled the global feed
- Minor tweak
- adds screenshot
- Fixes to the stylesheet
- Small style change: table is no longer 100% width by default
- Initial working version