Allows you to add a Feedburner Email Subscription widget to one of your sidebars.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add the widget to a sidebar and fill out atleast the Feedburner feed URL field
- The admin widget is very unclear is this going to change?
In 1.2 a new admin widget will make it easier to managed your sidebar widget. With a wizzard you can simply select the right options for your blog. Keep an eye on http://blog.wyrihaximus.net/tag/wordpress/ for upcoming details.
Couldn’t be happier with the results!
Contributors & Developers
“Feedburner Email Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Changed all links to HTTPS to, as reported at https://wordpress.org/support/topic/use-https-for-form-action
- Bumped minimum version to 4.3
- Upgraded away from PHP4 style constructor
- Updated screenshots
- Updated tested up to tag
- Micro mini minor code tweaks
- Added docblocks to all functions
- Made the “Styling Options” and “Analytic Options” clickable, it was causing some confusion
- Showing pointer above section links in the widget admin
- New way of determing url querie variables
- Expanded blog feed detection
- Removed a double filter call on the widget title.
- Fixed a bug introduced by 1.1.3 where the widget header doesn’t render as it should.
- Added some punctuation to readme.txt
- Added “Input placeholder text” config option.
- You can now add shortcodes, for more information please see this post: http://blog.wyrihaximus.net/2011/09/shortcode-in-feedburner-email-widget-1-1-3-for-wordpress/
- Fixed a undefined index werking.
- Added a Flattr widget.
- Removed Joel as contributer since he stopped getting in touch and help me with this addon. By this message I still want to make sure everyone is aware that he helped on certain bits of this widget.
- Added id attributes for email input box and subscribe button so it can be style with the CSS settings.
- Added support for Google Analytics.
- Hiding CSS and Analytics settings by default in the widget admin for a cleaner look.
- Added more comments in the source.
- Included Joels styling changes.
- Added some basic comments on how the plugin works will add more in 1.0.6.
- Added a link in the widget control for the styling options to my wiki for documentation.
- Typo regarding the popup.
- Versioning madness.
- Did a minor code cleanup.
- Fixed an issue where people got the popup window and send to the subscribe page.
- Fixed readme.txt.
- First public release.