To install the plugin, please follow these steps:
- Download the zipped plugin file to your local machine.
- Unzip the file.
- Upload the 'featured-tag-widget' folder to the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory on your webserver.
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- Go to 'Widgets' section under 'Appearance' menu in WordPress and add the 'Featured Tag Widget' in your sidebar. You can also add several instances of this widget.
- Open the widget options and specify in the dropdown menu what tag to pull the posts from.
Write the number of posts to show for each instance of the widget (leave empty to show all posts).
Checkbox the informations to show: images (thumbnails), titles, authors.
Insert a widget title or not to fit your design.
Insert a custom text for the description of the content or whatever (appears on top).