Adding post thumbnail (or featured image) support to Shopp means products can now have a new representative
image that is completely independent of the product gallery. One simple use case for this is using a thumbnail
on the category pages and maintaining a completely different set of gallery images on the product page.
- Post thumbnails are regular images uploaded using WordPress’s media tools – just as you would expect! – they
can be used from any theme template, not unlike regular post thumbs.
- You are not limited in how you use these new images – a range of filters are built in to Featured Images for
Shopp to afford further control.
- Are product thumbnails stored in the database?
No. Even if you have configured Shopp to store its images in the database, Featured Images for Shopp simply
pulls in WordPress’s own media handling tools so any post thumbs will be saved as regular files and can be
re-used across posts/products.
- Can I change the post thumb size!
- Initial release
- Public release
- Minor fix during the registered_post_type callback