The plugin repeatedly checks for new notifications for the loggedin user and if any new notification is found, it does 2 things:
1) Updates the browser window title( e.g: ‘members|mydomain.com’ becomes ‘(2) members|mydomain.com’ ) and blinks/switches repeatedly between the old and new title
2) Updates the notification menu:
– adds new notification(if any) items to the list
– updates the existing ones(if any). E.g: from ‘You have 1 new message’ to ‘You have 2 new messages’
**Note: **The second (updating notification menu) has been developed according to the markup of default buddybar/wp-admin bar, so if your theme doesn’t have one, or have a custom notification list, it wont work.
Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
I am using this plugin for a long term now and It is amazing.
it definitely simplify the buddypress notifications.
I love the real time Notification and I love the Notification Number in the browser.
Please keep it up this plugin. 🙂
Contributors & Developers
“FB like notification for buddypress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added nonce check in ajax request.
- Enqueued minified version of script.
- Minor Bug Fixes and improvements.
- A stable release
- Initial beta release.