This plugin is a drop-in solution for replacing the default WordPress commenting
with the Facebook Comments widget.
It is far-and-away the easiest to use plugin available – just try it and see! Check it out:
- Zero configuration to get it working – just install and activate
- Imports your Facebook comments into your WordPress database for safe-keeping!
- Using SharePress? Import settings automagically!
- All of your WordPress comments are retained, with option to display them below the Facebook box
All comments are printed in hidden blocks to maximize SEO
don’t worry: it’s not that hard to setup, and it’s free!
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
fatpanda-facebook-commentsdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the Facebook Comments settings
- Go through the steps and hit update!
Contributors & Developers
“Facebook Comments by Fat Panda” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed: a few bugs
- Fixed: a few bugs
- Fixed a bug with xid variable undefined
- Fixed: Was producing NOTICE errors when WP_DEBUG was set to true Thomas Bartels
- Added: Support for fluid widths
- Added: Filter for changing the comments markup: just add a filter (add_filter(‘fb_comments_template’, ‘fb_old_comments_template’);) and function with the override into the functions and a function with the comment block override
- Fixed: Moderator setup
- Added: Filter for disabling plugin on pages: just put add_filter(‘fbc_disable_on_pages’, ‘__return_true’) in your functions.php
- Fixed: Bumped up compatability version
- Fixed: Installing this plugin was breaking the core commenting system.
- Fixed: When previewing schedule posts, the FB comments widget was loading, allow FB to cache invalid responses, which would subsequently result in the open graph image not appearing in Facebook shares of the post
- Added: Detect locale, and specify when loading Facebook JS SDK, affecting localization of Comments Widget
- Changed: Remaining XID options hidden or disabled
- Fixed: Make Facebook comment import notification respect WordPress’ global comment notification settings
- Added: Global and per-page moderator management
- Added: OG meta data inserted on single post and page views, only when SharePress is not installed; action fbc_og_print and filter fbc_og_tags
- Changed: XID support for legacy comments isn’t working properly; hiding those settings
- Fixed: Facebook changed the structure of their API response to requests for comments, this resulted in incorrect comment counts and no importing of Facebook comments
- Fixed: Wasn’t importing reply-to comments
- Change: Display old comments by default
- Change: By default, don’t display comment template title
- Added: “Refresh” post/page action — allows you to reset comment count for individual posts on demand (and WP Super Cache, too!)
- Added: Comment content now included in WP notification e-mails
- Added: Color scheme picker in display settings (light and dark)
- Fixed: Importing wasn’t working
- Added: Customizeable comment template title
- Trying to get WordPress.org to flush description information
- First release.