Facebook wall and social integration shows facebook page/group/profile feed/wall posts in your website.You will only have to put facebook id of page or group or profile and access token in the plugin settings. Graph API is used to get page/group/profile feed content from facebook efficiently. If you face any problems in running it just read doc & contact us.
A perfect display of your Facebook page/group/profile content in your business/personal websites, view customer reviews to know what our customer says. Post ideas about the plugin in pro version website & follow me on twitter for update of changes.
- Graph API usage for profile/page/group feeds
- All you need to run is facebook id and access token
- Manage height and width of feed display container
- You can set number of posts to display
- Have the ability to show guest entries too
- Color settings for post items
- Set background color of wall display
- Cool editable css and loads fast
- Use the shortcode to set different page/group id and others settings
- All settings can be set via short code atttributes
- Select from date formats to display date your own way
- Also select different time zones to display date according to your time zone
- Multiple feed display per page
- It’s responsive and adjusts within the width of container
- Feed data can be cached in database using wp transient api to load fast
- Show/hide individual items in post
- Write your own text for post link which opens the post in Facebook
- Includes setting page tab to see if system requirements are met
- Read Faq for embedding feed in template
- Others & more required stunning features in pro version
To display photo post, video post, link post, event post, choose type of posts, show/hide items in post, different picture sizes, the number of likes, all comments per post using ajax call, filter posts by any custom strings and post id, header bar and like button at top, language settings, scrolling plugin, responsiveness, make text urls & hashtags linkable and more features then upgrade to the Pro version. Try out the Pro demo.
- Install the facebook wall and social integration either via the WordPress plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your web server (in the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Navigate to the ‘Facebook wall & social integration’ settings page to configure your feed.
- Use the shortcode
[mitsol_fbwall_feed_short_code]in your page, post or widget to display your feed.
- You can display feeds of different Facebook groups/pages by specifying a Page/group ID directly in the shortcode:
[mitsol_fbwall_feed_short_code id=wordpress num=20].
- if there is any confusion in running/installing the plugin, contact immediately and view doc, problems will be solved
For a full documentation with FAQs and help with troubleshooting please visit the Documentation and FAQs section of the mitsol extensions website
Furhermore, if there is any confusion in running the plugin, contact immediately and view doc, problems will be solved
- How do I find the ID of my Facebook page or group or profile?
If you have a Facebook page with a URL like this:
https://www.facebook.com/misol12then the Page ID is just
misol12. If your page URL is look like this:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/pagename/123654123654123then the Page ID is the numbers –
If you have a Facebook group/profile then use this tool to find your Group ID or view our documentaion link above.
- What is Access Token and how to get it?
Access Token is required by Facebook in order to access their feeds. It’s easy to get one. Just follow the step-by-step instructions here in the doc.
- Why isn’t the feed from my group/page displaying?
Make sure system requirements are met(look for the tab in settings page), facebook id and access token are right. Also, increase the Show number of posts value from settings becuase
non-pro version only shows status/textual posts of page/group/profile so there may not be status posts in the number of posts value specified. Finally, make sure if there are no restrictions set in facebook page/group settings comparing with other page/groups for which feed works, mainly remove country and age restrictions in page/group settings.
- Why my facebook profile feed not displaying properly?
If you created facebook application after 30th April 2014 and using it’s token then profile feed may not be displayed for new facebook Graph API(you may require profile id in a different way, contact for that). Actually Displaying feed for profile shows only public and selected posts because of various restrictions.So it’s not good to show profile feed.
- Can I show photos and videos in my Facebook feed?
This free plugin only allows you to display textual updates from your Facebook feed. To display photos,videos,formatted links in your feed you need to upgrade to the Pro version of the plugin. View demo of the Pro version on the mitsol wp demo website, and find out more about Pro version here.
- Can I choose to show certain types of posts?
Yes you can choose type of posts to display.For this feature please upgrade to the Pro version of the plugin.
- Can I show the comments associated with each Facebook post?
For this feature please upgrade to the Pro version of the plugin. From pro version 1.2 getting comments directly from facebook using ajax has been added.
- How do I embed the Facebook Feed directly into a WordPress page template?
You can embed your Facebook feed directly into a template file by using the WordPress do_shortcode function:
- How do i use short code and inlcude attributes for specifying different settings for the feed display?
Read info about it at the bottom of plugin setting page in wp dashboard. From version 1.3 you can set all settings in shortcode, click here to see all shortcode attribute names.
Contributors & Developers
“Facebook wall and social integration” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Plugin now uses server side call to show feed to have non-expired access token requested by many users. Some new features added like choosing post types, defining different picture sizes…
- Feed data caching has been added to load faster.Some new pro version features like getting all comments directly from facebook by ajax call, and more improvements.
- Show/hide each individual items of post like author avatar, photos, comments ….
- Font size(pro) and color for each items of the post
- All settings now can be set in short code attributes
- embed youtube videos in feed display(pro)
- other fixes
- added post filters : show posts which contain specified string in settings, also hide posts which contain that string
- filter by post id is possible to show specific post only.
- other minor fixes and improvements
- Plugin is now compatible with recent API version 2.4 release from facebook. Now access token of FB application created after 8th july will work too.