Facebook Social Plugin Widgets is a lightweight plugin that add three widgets to your WordPress arsenal: a Facebook Like Box, the Facebook Recommendations widget, and the Activity Feed. This means you won’t have to go to the social plugin page anymore.
The plugin loads XFBML versions of each of the social plugins, and includes the facebook
all.js in the footer of your site.
- Download and unzip the
- Upload the
fb-sb-widgetsfolder to your plugins directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add the widgets to your sidebar
- Where’s the options page?
There isn’t one. This plugin only adds widgets to WordPress.
- What about loading these things as iFrames?
There is not currently support for this. If you’d like this feature to be added in future versions, get in touch.
- What sorts of things can I put in the “border color” inputs?
Border color can be a color name (like “red” or “blue”) or a hex color code (like #CCCCCC).
- Why don’t my widgets work in Internet Explorer?
IE does a funny thing. It requires the
<head>tag to have a special attribute:
xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml". FBSPW adds this via a filter on language attributes. You must have this in your theme’s
header.phpfile to make this work:
<html <?php language_attributes(); ?>>
Contributors & Developers
“Facebook Social Plugin Widgets” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- The first release!
- Supports the facebook like box, activity feed, and recommendations
- Adds an additional filter to lanaguage attributes to render the xmlns:fb=”…” attributes (required for IE support)
- Support for height in the like widget
- Bug fixes to get the widgets working again due to Facebook changes
- Switched to an async script