How to get your Facebook AppID
You need a Facebook App ID to be able to use the inviter plugin. Just follow these steps to make your app.
- Go to Facebook Developers
- Create a developers account if you do not already have one
- Click Apps in the top menu
- Click Create New App at the top right of the page, below the main menu
- Give your app a Display Name and Namespace. These can be the same. By doing this you are effectively naming your app within Facebook and giving it a URL
- Add a contact email
- Type in the domain name of the site that this plugin is installed in. Leave out the http://www bit. Enter the domain name only e.g example.com. Do not use a trailing slash
- Disable sandbox mode (we're not testing, are we?)
- Under Website with Facebook Login, enter the domain of the site that hosts this plugin. This time enter the protocol and the subdomain name if required e.g http://example.com/ or http://www.example.com/. Best way to get the proper domain is to go to the site's homepage and copy the URL from the browser address bar. Use a trailing slash
- Save changes
- Copy the App ID from the top of the Basic settings page
- You can set an avatar image from the Basic settings page by clicking edit when hovering over the default app avatar image. You add further details about your app from the App Details page
- Use the App ID in the FacebookInviter widget's settings or us it in the shortcode's appid="" attribute.