This plugin will add the necessary Open Graph Meta tags to automatically set the posts’ Featured Image as the thumbnail for sharing on Facebook and LinkedIn. It will also set Open Graph Meta tags for title, description, URL, type, and site name.
- Upload plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- How are the values for each Meta tag determined?
The plugin use WordPress Template tags to fill in the values for the Meta tags as follows:
- Title: The title of current page/post
- Description: The excerpt
- URL: The permalink
- Image: The post thumbnail
- Type: Set to either article or website
- Site name: Blog/site name
Contributors & Developers
“Facebook Featured Image and Open Graph Meta Tags” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Use full size image instead of thumbnail for og:image tag.
- Initial commit