This plugin creates a widget which provides a basic search form to submit a query at http://experts-exchange.com.
There are two CSS files included with the plugin which you may edit as desired. Reset.css SHOULD remove all
CSS influences coming form your theme. Emphasis on SHOULD.
Styles.css styles this widget after the reset.
- Unzip and upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- If you want to change the styles, edit the CSS files included. These file should remain in the plugin directory.
- Place the widget through the Widgets link in the ‘Appearance’ menu.
- Why make a plugin / widget to search on Experts Exchange?
This was done upon request from the community
- Why can’t I add this widget
Do you have a theme that is compatible with widgets? If not, there are many easy to follow tutorials on how to make
your theme widget compatible. Check with your favorite search engine.
Did you activate the plugin?
Did you place the widget?
- What version of WordPress is required to run this?
The plugin has been tested to work with WordPress 3.0.1. Other versions are likely to work if they support widgets.
- Why doesn’t the widget look right?
Your theme’s CSS might be interfering with the plugin’s included CSS. Feel free to edit the CSS files as needed.
Contributors & Developers
“Experts Exchange Search” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Plugin, widget, and CSS have been created.