- BUGFIX: Fix deprecated notice when WP_DEBUG is true, thanks hansfordmc
- Tested up to WordPress v3.3
- BUGFIX: Prevent notice from appearing, thanks Ray
- Tested with WP 3.2.1
- ENHANCEMENT: Detects the use of WP menus and advises the user accordingly
Dear Non-English Exclude Pages Users,
This release includes the facility for Exclude Pages to be translated into languages other than English. Please contact me if you want to translate Exclude Pages into your language.
Sorry it took so long.
- DROPPED SUPPORT FOR WORDPRESS VERSIONS PRIOR TO VERSION 2.7
- BUGFIX: Everything was reporting that it was excluded by an ancestor for some reason. Crazy. Fixed now.
- LOCALISATION: Added POT file! Woo hoo!
- BUGFIX: Check for existence of parent object before attempting to use it. (Thanks to Robert Kosara for the bug report.)
- BUGFIX: PHP 5.3 doesn't like the fact that parameters marked as passed by reference as passed as value. Params now not marked as passed by ref.
- ENHANCEMENT: You can now turn the Exclude Pages functionality off in the admin area through use of a filter (this is mainly of advantage to other plugin and theme author).
- ENHANCEMENT: You can now turn the Exclude Pages functionality off before showing navigation which you want to be comprehensive (and show pages you've normally hidden). This is done with the new
<?php pause_exclude_pages(); ?> and
<?php resume_exclude_pages(); ?> templates tags.
- FIX: Was throwing an error when $pages turned out not to be an array. Thanks to (Sandra)[http://www.vinyltangerine.com/] for reporting this.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now compatible with WP 2.7-beta1
- DOCS: Added a list of incompatible plugins
- DOCS: Added a list of incompatible themes
- ENHANCEMENT: Now compatible with WP 2.5
- FIX: Pages are also excluded from the "Front page displays:" > "Posts page:" admin menu. (Reported by Ed Foley) This plugin now checks if it's within the admin area, and does nothing if it is.
- FIXED: Descendant (e.g. child) pages were only being checked to a depth of 1 generation.
- FIXED: The link to visit the hidden ancestor page from an affected descendant page was hard-coded to my development blog URL. (Reported by webdragon777)
- FIXED: Stripped out some stray error logging code.
- ENHANCEMENT: Child pages of an excluded page are now also hidden. There is also a warning message in the edit screen for any child page with a hidden ancestor, informing the person editing that the page is effectively hidden; a link is provided to edit the ancestor affecting the child page.
- FIXED: Pages not created manually using "Write Page" were always excluded from the navigation, meaning the admin has to edit the page to manually include them. Pages created by other plugins are not always included in the navigation, if you want to exclude them (a less common scenario) you have to edit them and uncheck the box. (Reported by Nudnik)