This plugin enables you to invite visitors to your WordPress blog or website to record their voice comments with a computer mic using the Flash recorder we provide within the regular WordPress comment area. Both audio and text comments are posted in a threaded discussion format.
You have the option to invite both voice comments and regular text comments. The voice and text comments are available to review in the regular WordPress comment admin area, so you have full control over both audio and text comments. You can listen to the voice recordings before you decide to make them live. The voice and text comments will appear in the comment thread in the order in which you approve each one. Any visitor to a page or post with the Voice Comments feature can can now playback audio on devices that don’t have Flash installed, such as smartphones and tablets, because we auto-detect the device type and serve a Flash or HTML player accordingly.
The Evoca Voice Comment Recorder does not require visitors to have an Evoca account to use it, but the blog owner must. The plugin is available to use with any Evoca Express subscription, free trial or paid account.
For more information about Evoca free and paid subscription sign-up, visit http://www.evoca.com and our How It Works section. Three types of Evoca subscription plans are available. Subscribers can start with the 30-day free trial subscription which provides 15 minutes of recording storage time, and upgrade to any paid plan. No credit card is required. No downloads are required either because Evoca is a cloud-based web service.
Our most popular plan is Evoca Pro, a $6.95/month subscription with 10 hours of recording storage time, recording using phone, Skype and online recorder — with unlimited length of the recording session, easy sharing via email and online, team member recording, and more. Additional “buckets” of storage can be acquired at any time. Evoca Local and Toll-free Plans include dedicated phone numbers, all recording methods [phone, Skype, online recorder], self-service custom welcome greeting creation, a custom Skype call recorder for free global recording, and more recording storage time – 20 hours and 40 hours of storage, respectively.
More about Evoca features:
- Online recorder plugins for other blog and website software types are also available.
- Evoca recording creation methods recap: phone, Skype, in-browser recording from within the user’s account, (Browser Mic) and uploads of MP3, WAV, and Apple formatted audio files.
- Convenient interview recording by phone and Skype
- Convenient conference call recording by phone and Skype
- Register up to 30 phone numbers and 30 Skype accounts to your account, enabling groups to record to one account.
- Users can publish audio recordings online using Evoca-provided single recording players for playback on any device, using “smartplayer” widget or playlist players using the auto-generated HTML copy/paste embed code.
- Educators can enable students to record and receive feedback collaboratively and can set up a virtual language lab using Evoca.
- Organizations that want to integrate Evoca’s innovative voice-to-web features into their applications can license Evoca Enterprise, our software-as-a-service platform [SaaS] delivered using a RESTful HTTP application programming interface [API].
Questions, suggestions and requests can be sent to the Evoca team using our online Help Desk ticket system.
- Upload the
evoca-audio-commentsdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Enter your Evoca username and password in the plugin settings to use audio commenting.
- Confirm settings under Settings -> Evoca Voice Comment Recorder
- Where can I sign up for an Evoca account?
See www.evoca.com for more information on signing up.
- Can I embed this on a single page as a recorder instead of comments?
Evoca also offers the Evoca Audio Recorder, which users typically place (embed) in the sidebar of a blog or website. It does not require visitors to have an account to use the recorder. See https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/evoca-audio-recorder/
Contributors & Developers
“Evoca Voice Comments Recorder” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Viewers can now playback audio on all devices including computer browsers, smartphones, and tablets. Our smartplayer code detects device type and serves either Flash or HTML5 players accordingly.
- Fixed broken comment submit button
- Fixed conflicts that occurred when jQuery had already been loaded by the active theme
- Added better user authentication support when activating the plugin
- Added lightbox to help people use the recorder. The “How to” link is placed directly below the recorder.
- Better theme support
- Removed share button from public voice comments.