This plugin enables you to invite visitors to your WordPress blog or website to record comments, opinions, suggestions, language practice sessions, interviews, stories, poems, auditions, and any other voice or audio content using a computer mic. The visitors can include an email address and comments.
Users typically place (embed) a recorder in the sidebar of a blog or website using the copy/paste code we auto-generate for your Evoca account. It does not require visitors to have an account to use the recorder. The plugin is available with any Evoca subscription, free trial or paid.
For more information about Evoca free and paid subscription sign-up, visit http://www.evoca.com and our How It Works section. Three types of Evoca subscription plans are available. Subscribers can start with the 30-day free trial subscription which provides 15 minutes of recording storage time, and upgrade to any paid plan. No credit card is required. No downloads are required either because Evoca is a cloud-based web service.
Our most popular plan is Evoca Pro, a $6.95/month subscription with 10 hours of recording storage time, recording using phone, Skype and online recorder — with unlimited length of the recording session, easy sharing via email and online, team member recording, and more. Additional “buckets” of storage can be acquired at any time. Evoca Local and Toll-free Plans include dedicated phone numbers, all recording methods [phone, Skype, online recorder], self-service custom welcome greeting creation, a custom Skype call recorder for free global recording, and more recording storage time – 20 hours and 40 hours of storage, respectively.
More about Evoca features:
- Online recorder plugins for other blog and website software types are also available.
- Evoca recording creation methods recap: phone, Skype, in-browser recording from within the user’s account, (Browser Mic) and uploads of MP3, WAV, and Apple formatted audio files.
- Convenient interview recording by phone and Skype
- Convenient conference call recording by phone and Skype
- Register up to 30 phone numbers and 30 Skype accounts to your account, enabling groups to record to one account.
- Users can publish audio recordings online using Evoca-provided single recording players for playback on any device, using “smartplayer” widget or playlist players using the auto-generated HTML copy/paste embed code.
- Educators can enable students to record and receive feedback collaboratively and can set up a virtual language lab using Evoca.
- Organizations that want to integrate Evoca’s innovative voice-to-web features into their applications can license Evoca Enterprise, our software-as-a-service platform [SaaS] delivered using a RESTful HTTP application programming interface [API].
Questions, suggestions and requests can be sent to the Evoca team using our online Help Desk ticket system.
- Upload the
evoca-browser-micdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Enter your Evoca username and password in the plugin settings to use the recorder.
- Where can I sign up for an Evoca account?
See www.evoca.com for more information on signing up.
Contributors & Developers
“Evoca Audio Recorder” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.