Plugin that allows you to insert Etsy Shop sections with descriptions, views and favorites in pages or posts using the bracket/shortcode method. This modificatios gives the Etsy Shop plugin a sleeker look with a more interactive and informative display for selling Etsy products through a WordPress blog! Please rate the plugin if you like it.
- Upload the plugin to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory;
- Give read & write access to tmp folder;
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress;
- Get your own Etsy Developer API key (http://www.etsy.com/developers/register);
- Enter your API key in the Etsy Shop Options page;
- Place ‘[etsy-include=your-etsy-shop-name;your-etsy-shop-setion-id]’ in your page or post;
- Viewers will see your items with FULL LENGTH Titles, be able to click on your your items to view their listing in a new window on Etsy. Full length descriptions are displayed to the right of each item along with the items number of views and favorites.
How may I find the shop section id?
Here is an example:
So, in this example: sushipot is etsy-shop-name
11502395 is etsy-shop-section-id
I got Etsy Shop: empty arguments
See below ‘Etsy Shop: missing arguments’.
I got Etsy Shop: missing arguments
2 arguments are mandatory:
So, you should have someting like this: [etsy-include=Laplume;10088437]
I got Etsy Shop: Your section ID is invalid
Please use a valid section ID, to find your section ID, see How to find section ID
I got Etsy Shop: API reponse should be HTTP 200
Please open a new topic in Forum, with all details.
I got Etsy Shop: Error on API Request
Please make sure that your API Key is valid.
Contributors & Developers
“Etsy Shop Advanced Mod” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
0.9.6 Advanced Mod
- Added longer item title lengths
- Now displays full item descriptions next to item
- Shows number of views and favorites beneath description
- Changed CSS to support new display features
- HTTPS for all Etsy requests, now mandatory for new Etsy Apps.
- Add detection for bad section ID.
- Centering items by default (sponsor Jsay Designs).
- Add opening in a new window link feature (sponsor Jsay Designs).
- Add filter for Shop ID and Section ID.
- Better filter for API Key.
- Corrections on Debug Mode.
- Automatically Remove spaces in API Key.
- Debug Mode more verbose.
- Debug Mode available.
- Options page compatible with PHP 5.2.X.
- Optimization of API request.
- Add error message if empty arguments.
- Now using WordPress HTTP API, cURL is no more require.
- Update the Options Page.
- Code follow WordPress Coding Standards.
- Update installation steps.
- Translation of listing status.
- Correct listing table generation.
- First release.