Add to your site live notifications for BuddyPress.
Eonet Live Notifications can be added to any website, community, network built on BuddyPres.
It’ll fetch your notifications in real time whenever you’re on your site.
Whether it’s a new friendship request, a new activity, a private message or a group update.
A pretty notification will show up on your site for a few seconds to notice you about this new information.
Then, you can customize it using the available options.
This plugin require BuddyPress enabled on your WordPress site.
- Options panel
- Buddypress Members integration
- Buddypress Groups integration
- Buddypress Activities integration
- Buddypress Friends integration
- AJAX powered, no page reload
- Automatically mark the notifications as read when you close the notification box
- Option to set the position of the notification
- Option to set the refresh delay
- Option to set the fade out notification delay
- Option to play a sound on new notifications
- Option to load the notifications history on page load or not
- Hooks/Filters available in all the plugin code
- Minified files
- Documented code
- GPL license
- Secure development using tokens and WordPress native functions
If you’re building a top-notch community and looking for better interactions, you should give it a go!
We’re open to any feature suggestion.
This plugin has been developed as a side project by the Alkaweb developers team.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/eonet-live-notificationsdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Eonet screen to configure the plugin
I was really looking forward to a plugin like this one, but at the moment it’s not ready to be used in any live site. Notifications are not consistent, I get one out of five or ten sometimes, having tried in all major browsers. About the sound alert, it never worked. This is the error it produces from the browser’s console:
jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.4.1:2 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
eonet_live_notifications.js:55 Uncaught TypeError: self.sound.play is not a function
at eoNotificationSound.self.play (eonet_live_notifications.js:55)
at Object.success (eonet_live_notifications.js:84)
at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at y (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4)
at XMLHttpRequest.c (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4)
fontawesome-webfont.woff2 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
fontawesome-webfont.woff Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
fontawesome-webfont.ttf Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
If it works in future versions I’ll be very happy to change the review immediately and give it 5 stars, as I find it very useful in any buddypress site.
Very useful and no setup required! Perfect!
Contributors & Developers
“Eonet Live Notifications” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
(C) stands for updates to the core of Eonet. Not its components.
1.0.5 – March 12th 2017
- (C)(IMPROVED) Options Style
- (C)(FIXED) Missing Font Awesome icons
1.0.4 – February 10th 2017
- (IMPROVED) Overall design
- (C)(IMPROVED) Translation management
1.0.3 – 21th January 2017
- (FIXED) Double settings link
- (FIXED) Settings saving
- (FIXED) PHP version < 5.4 support
1.0.2 – 6th January 2017
- (NEW) Translation file
- (FIXED) Undefined notifications
1.0.1 – 20th November 2016
- (NEW) Option to choose the fade out time of the notification
- (NEW) Option to enable sound notification on incoming notifications
- (C)(FIXED) Saved option for switcher input type
1.0.0 – 13th November 2016
- Initial Release