Easily create a glossary, encyclopedia or dictionary of your terms and show responsive tooltips when users hover over the terms.
The CM glossary tooltip is a WordPress plugin that enables you to check posts or pages for defined glossary terms, by adding links to a glossary term page that contains the definition of the term used.
The CM tooltip glossary plugin displays a tooltip containing the definition when users hover over the specific term.
The CM tooltip glossary plugin also creates a responsive glossary index with all tooltip glossary terms used.
This tooltip plugin allows users to add unlimited tooltips to a site or within a glossary of terms.
This Pro edition of the tooltip plugin for WordPress uses the glossary index to show related terms and links terms together to improve your overall site SEO. The tooltip glossary plugin also supports adding tooltips with abbreviations, variations and synonyms of terms.
Additional Pro version features include the ability to include or exclude specific terms from any page or post and add all types of media files. Users can also use multiple tooltip glossaries on the same website.
The CM tooltip glossary plugin integrates easily with external data from dictionaries, thesauruses, and Wikipedia.
Add-Ons & Extensions
Demo & User Guide
Other Plugins By CM Plugins
Pro Version Features
Pro Version Features - Content API's
- Support for Wikipedia - We are now support embedding content from Wikipedia on the term page and on the tooltip. You can also use a shortcode to inset a wikipedia content on any page or post. Wikipedia content can be taken from any language which has a Wikipedia. View Image of back-end
- Support for Audio files with tooltip - You can attach an audio file to each term and customize the look and feel of the play button. View Image of back-end
- Support for Video files with tooltip - you can embed a video file taken from YouTube or Vimeo or other video sharing sites and show it in the tooltip. The tooltip can also be transparent to show no background behind the video. View Image of back-end
- Google Translate Integration - Ability to display translated words into the language of your choice for all terms and definitions, uses the Google Translate API View Image, View Image from Settings
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary Integration - Ability to display the dictionary definition of a term from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary for all words on your Term page and Tooltip. View Demo
- Merriam-Webster Thesaurus Integration - Ability to display the thesaurus synonyms and antonyms from the online Merriam-Webster Thesaurus in your Term page and Tooltip. View Demo
- Support for Amazon Product Recommendations - You can choose from one of many Amazon categories and show a product recommendation widget matching the selected term. The link to the product also includes your Amazon Associate ID. View Image of back-end
- Featured image for each term - A term can have a featured image associated with it. It will show on both the tooltip and the term page. The image size can be defined in the term page settings.
Pro Version Features - Language Tools
- Support WPML - Support WPML plugin and Multilingual sites
- Related Post - Shows all related posts and pages for each glossary term. This option is cached to enhance performance View Image, View Image that shows settings
- Synonyms - Users of the CM Tooltip Pro can add several Synonyms for each term, so that the Tooltip is be made to appear for all Synonyms in posts or pages that are listed in the Glossary index View Demo, Glossary Term Page: View Image
- Singular and Plural - Supports different variations of nouns that allow the user to specify a definition for each term according to the specific use of the word. The Tooltip will appear for all variations in all posts and pages. View Image
- Related Glossary terms - Relates Glossary terms to a specified term which is displayed according to control settings. View Demo
- Glossary Search - Glossary index page is included within a local search engine. Demo
- Glossary Categories - Glossary categories are supported and can be used in glossary page, also set with a Shortcode. View Demo , Categories in Glossary Index
- Tags - Tooltip Glossary now supports tags per each term. Tags are shown also on the Glossary index page and allow easy filtering of terms.
- Exclude Term - Glossary terms can be excluded from the Glossary index and Tooltip. View Image
- Term Target Link - Terms are linked and can be targeted to go to an external or custom link View Demo - Click on Ajax and you will be taken outside of site
- Custom Characters - Support for custom characters in alphabetical index View Image View Demo in Finnish More in Finnish
Pro Version Features - Customization
- Link Style - The Pro version of the CM ToolTip gives you the ability to change term link style. See Image that shows settings
- Tooltip Style - Ability to change Tooltip shape, color and border. View Demo (Highlight any term) , See Image that shows settings
- Term page Template - Term page uses a template that can be edited and changed.
- Change tooltip font - Select the Tooltip font from 8 available Google fonts View Image
- Transparent tooltip background - Tooltip can now have a transparent background. This supports showing images and videos.
- Index page style - Show the Terms AND the Definitions in an Alphabetically sorted index. View Image
Pro Version Features - Benefits
- Anchors inside Tooltip - Tooltip can include anchors which the user can click. View Demo - Hover over HTML
- Widget - The CM ToolTip Pro version includes a glossary widget that shows a random selection of a number of specified terms with a link to the Glossary index. View Demo (Scroll down and look at the right side for Glossary), View Image
- Import / Export - Import and Export your glossary file to and from .CSV format. View Image
- Internal Links - Options to add a link back to your glossary page from each term page. View Demo
- Search & Replace Tool - Includes an on the fly search and replace tool to replace text or html code in your posts and pages with newly replaced content. View Image
- Support for double click on any word in a post or page - Any word on any page or post can be double clicked to retrieve information from Wikipedia / Amazon Products Recommendations / Merriam Webster Dictionary or Thesaurus. View Image of back-end
Pro Version Features - Settings
- Mobile Friendly - Detects Mobile devices and displays the Tooltip only when term is clicked. Tooltip includes a link to the term page. View Image
- Optimized for Speed - Parsing engine is optimized for speed and can hold many thousands more terms without slowing down the site
- Permalink - Tooltip permalink can be changed.
- Pagination - The CM ToolTip Pro version gives you the ability to add pagination to the glossary page on the both server side and the client side of the plugin. (Support is provided to speed up extra large glossaries). Administrators can also control the number of items that appear on each page. View Demo
- Editor Button - Editor button to support glossary exclusions. View Image
- Multisite - Support for WP Multisite.
- Gratitude Message - Does not include the CMinds Gratitude message in the footer.
- Localization - All labels are external in the settings and can be localized easily.
- Shortcodes - Many shortcoes to support glossary operation and embed within post or pages. List of supported shortcodes
- Custom Links - Manually add custom links from your Term page View Image recommendation in the tooltip once hovering a term (View Image of Back-end), (View Image of front-end)
Code and Style Issues
Featured Plugins by CreativeMinds
Requires: 3.9 or higher
Compatible up to: 4.6.0
Last Updated: 3 hours ago
Active Installs: 6,000+
9 of 9 support threads in the last two months have been marked resolved.
Got something to say? Need help?