Easily embed summaries of any article in your posts.
[tldrio_embed] shortcode to embed the summary of your own post.
[tldrio_embed url] shortcode to embed the summary of the article with URL
url. For example, url can be
Click on the ‘tldr.io’ button in the WordPress editor to include the default shortcode in your post.
- Install the ‘Embed tldr.io summaries’ plugin via the WordPress.org plugin directory (or directly upload the files to your server)
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- You can now use the [tldrio_embed] and [tldrio_embed url] shortcodes (see ‘Description’)
= Why does this plugin need to call tldr.io’s server on every page it’s used? =
The tldr.io summaries are stored on our servers. They are indexed by the URL of the article they’re the tldr of. So we need the embed widget to tell our servers the URL corresponding to the requested tldr, so we can send it to the widget. The calls are secured by SSL, meaning they can’t be read by third parties.
Contributors & Developers
“Embed tldr.io summaries” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- First functional version
- Ability to embed the summary of the post with a default link for old browsers (IE7 and older)
- Ability to embed the summary of any article