- The plugin is available for download on the WordPress repository,
- Download the file
eg-series.zip, and uncompress it,
- Upload the resulting files to a folder in
- Activate EG-Series through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress,
- The plugin is ready to be used,
- You can go to Settings / EG-Series menu, to set the plugin parameters.
The plugin is now ready to be used.
You can also install the plugin directly from the WordPress interface.
EG-Series adds three administration pages, two widgets and two shortcodes.
- EG-Series Post allows to quickly create series, and assign them to posts, without edit post one by one,
- EG-Series Series gives ability to change or rename series,
- Settings/EG-Series contains all options of the plugin. In this page, you can activate the auto shortcode feature.
There two shortcodes: one to display list of series, one to display list of posts for a specific serie.
Shortcodes syntax is:
Parameters related to the shortcode series, to display the list of existing series:
- title: title of the shortcode. Default value: '',
- titletag: html tag used to surround the title. Default value: h2,
- listtype: format of the list. Possible values: ul for simple list, ol for ordered list, or select for select combobox. Default value: ul,
- number: number of series to display. Default value: 0 (all series),
- more: id of the post or the page where the list of all series are displayed. Default value: 0 (no page),
- hide_empty: Display or hide series with no posts attached. Possible values: 0 all series are shown, 1 only series with posts are displated. Default value: 1,
- width: length (number of characters) to be used for series name, Default value: 0 (no cut),
- show_count: show the number of posts attached to the serie. Possible values: 0 count hidden, 1 count displayed. Default value: 0,
- description: show series description. Possible values: 0 description hidden, 1 description shown. Default value: 0,
- listposts: Show the list of posts attached to each serie. Possible value: 0 posts are not displayed, 1 posts are displayed. Default value: 0,
The following parameters are used only when listposts is set to 1:
- show_date: Show date of posts. Possible values: 0 date not displayed, 1 date displayed. Default value: 0,
- expand: Show the excerpt of each post. Possible values: 0 excerpt not displayed, 1 excerpt displayed. Default value: 0,
- post_orderby: defines the sort key for posts. Possible values: title, date or user_order. Default: date,
- post_order: defines the sort order. Possible values: ASC (ascending), DESC (descending). Default value: ASC,
- numposts: the number of posts to display for each serie. Default value: 0 (all posts are displayed).
To display the list of posts of a serie: [seriesposts options], with the following options:
- id: ID of a post included in the serie you want to display. Default value: 0 (current post is used),
- name: slug of the serie for which we want to display posts. Default value: '',
- sid: id of the serie for which we want to display posts. Default value: 0 (parameters id, and/or name are used),
- title: title of the list. Default '' (no title),
- titletag: html tag to put before and after the title. Default: h2,
- listtype: type of list. Possible values are: select, ul for simple list, ol for numbered list). Default: ul,
- orderby: choose the sort key (title,post_title, date or post_date, user_order) - Default: date,
- order: choose the order (ASC for ascending, or DESC for descending) - Default: DESC,
- show_date: display dates or not. Possible values: 0 or 1, False or True. Default: 1 or True,
- expand: display excerpt of each post. Possible values: 0 or 1. Default: 0,
- numposts: number of posts to display. Default value: 0 (all posts are displayed),
- width: length (number of characters) to be used for posts name, Default value: 0 (no cut),
Two widgets provide the same lists than the shortcode, and can be customized with the same options. The Widgets Series Posts appears only if the current post is belonging to a serie, and this serie contains more than one post.