This lightweight plugin allows you to easily insert attractive star-based review summaries into your blog by way of shortcodes. The ratings box scales for mobile displays. It supports multiple rating categories and an optional auto-calculated summary.
The shortcode format is:
[easyreview argument=”value” …]
With Easy Review Builder you can quickly generate a classy looking summary box. It is flexible, with the ability for you to specify whatever review categories are important, such as “price”, or “graphics”, etc. You also provide some text to summarize your thoughts on each review point, along with your final rating.
An optional conclusion will average the ratings specified. You can provide a conclusion summary text as well.
Go here for up-to-date usage and examples:
For a complete example and more detailed documentation, visit the plugin home page. If you do not understand these instructions, please ask questions in the comments section on the plugin home page. We will be more than happy to answer them.
Verify that you have PHP5, which is required for this plugin.
easy-review-builderdirectory to the
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Now you can insert the shortcodes within your posts and pages.
For an up-to-date FAQ, please visit:
I will be looking for a different plugin. I feel it does do what I says however I will not give five stars at all and will not recommend.
I need something clean and dirty that easy and gets the job done. It would take to much time to generate a short-code by hand each time.
I also would like to see automatic insert based on categories. Good plugin concept just not very user friendly and takes up to much of my time to implement.
Author needs to improve this immensely as it’s to much hassle to use it. Not user friendly at all.
AGAIN I DO NOT RECOMMEND IF YOU WANT SOMETHING EASY THAT JUST WORKS WITHOUT THE HASSLE!
Tested & the plugin works as expected, But I would like to see Custom Taxonomy Support.
Contributors & Developers
“Easy Review Builder for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Small adjustment to HTML for table layout issues experienced with Chrome
- New transarency admin option for reviews with custom background colors. Set the transparency from 0 to 1 where 0 = completely transparent and 1 (the default) completely opaque.
- CSS defense against some more aggressive themes
- setting a negative rating will not render stars nor count the rating towards the average. This allows you to have simply informational rows of a review box.
- CSS rule to help with some table overrides by some themes.
- New icon sets gamester and coin
- CSS rule for ensuring TH is BOLD
- New admin settings for font, background, and line color customizations
- W3C approved HTML output
- New admin page for setting default behavior
- Some minor internal fixes
- First public release