On activation of this plugin your IP address will be added to a safe list.
You should immediately go to the plugin’s settings page to set up a passkey.
Bookmark the passkey’s web address ASAP!
The passkey is useful if you have to access your website from a different location or if you want to share the website with a third-party.
Once a user visits the website with the passkey web address they will be added to the “safe IP list” allowing them to view the website.
These IP addresses can be removed or added to via the setting page.
At the options page you can set up the redirect URL.
Leaving the redirect URL blank will display a access denied message to anybody trying to visit the website.
This project is mirrored at GitHub https://github.com/greenweb/Easy-Redirect-By-IP please stop by if you feel like submitting a bug or contributing.
301 Redirection to the web address that you specify.
Do not redirect the user to a page with in the same WordPress website this will cause an infinite loop.
Thanks to the Query Tags Input Plugin used in our admin area and is licensed under the MIT license: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php
Documentation for this jQuery plugin lives here: http://xoxco.com/projects/code/tagsinput/
- Upload the plugin’s folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Change the options under tools
Q: Can I redirect to a web page on the same domain?
- A: No, this would create an infinite loop
Q: My IP address has changed now I can’t access my site
- A: If you bookmarked your passkey url you can use that – other wise you’ll need to FTP up to your server and delete or rename this plugin’s folder:
Works as described – a simple, effective redirect by ip.
The plugin needs work.
1. The space for adding a new IP is too small so that it cuts off seeing the entire IP.
2. You must enter every IP one by one. If you have a long list you cannot enter it.
4. It will not accept an IP with an * like this 184.108.40.206.*
I wanted to block Colo Crossing and I have a very large list of IP addresses but I did not want to enter every one individually.
Contributors & Developers
“Easy Bouncer – Redirect by IP” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Added a review link
- Beta Launch