Non-profit groups can now take secure donations from any page on their site. Include the widget in a sidebar or use the shortcode to drop it in a page or post.
- Do I need to have a Donately account to use this plugin
Yes, setting up a Donately account is free and can take less than 5 minutes.
- What processors/gateways can I use?
Donately is integrated only with Stripe – you can use an existing account, or create a new one.
Note: You will need your Stripe publishable key to secure donation transactions.
- Can I take recurring donations?
- Is there any fees to take donations?
There are no monthly fees from Donately, but there is a small (under 2% average) per transaction fee. You gateway will also charge a small transaction fee (around 3%) for processing credit cards.
- How do I use the donation form shortcode?
[dntly_formjs campaign="34" fundraiser="205"]
All available options
campaign– The campaign ID to donate to (this can be found on the Campaign edit page in wordpress) [default is no campaign]
fundraiser– The fundraiser ID to donate to (this can be found on the Fundraiser edit page in wordpress) [default is no fundraiser]
css_url– Define a CSS style sheet to customize the form styles (should be at a secure URL) [defaults to none]
iframe_height– Define the height of the form if embedding on a non-secure page [defaults to minimum size needed for the form fields]
iframe_width– Define the width of the form if embedding on a non-secure page [defaults to 100%]
amount– Define a default donation amount [defaults to 5]
ssl– Is this on a secure page? [defaults to no and will create a secure iFrame for the form to live in]
address– Show the address fields in the form [defaults to false]
phone– Show the phone field in the form [defaults to false]
anonymous– Show the anonymous option in the form [defaults to false]
comment– Show the comment field in the form [defaults to false]
onbehalf– Show the onbehalf field in the form [defaults to false]
embed_css– Embed the css instead of linking to it (helps fix SSL errors with custom CSS) [defaults to false]
tracking_codes– Add custom tracking codes to each donation for analytics, etc. [defaults to none]
dont_send_receipt_email– Dont send a receipt to the donor after the donation is made [defaults to false]
- Initial WordPress.com version
- Readme Tweaks
- Banner fix
- Title Change
- Add custom account & fundraiser IDs
- Add more form.js options
- Add debug option for development testing
- Better alert on get_account error
- Add option for using your own custom posttype instead of the default ‘Dntly Campaigns’
- Add ability to sync Donately Fundraisers to wordpress
- Add option for using your own custom posttype instead of the default ‘Dntly Fundraisers’
- Add another sync option (30 minutes & 60 minutes now available)
- Add logging to settings page & include options to hide all debugging settings (note: must set DNTLY_DEBUG=true in dntly.php)
- Backwards compatibility fix for pre PHP 5.3 – thanks BShurilla09
- Hide Debugging Switch
- sniff for undefined constant
- fix widget bug
- New Donately Donation form functionality: social sharing & tracking on after-donation screen
- add anonymous option
- add on behalf of field
- add tracking code field
- simplify options page
- simplify form script
- namespace all css classes
- fixed missing closing tag bug
- simplify fundraiser create urls
- fix bug in widget variable
- sanitize admin form & preset options
- fix option reset form in admin for checkboxes
- allow for syncing of more than 100 fundraisers (loop through API)
- added syncing of account stats
- added helper functions
- simplify admin screens
- added css-embed to form shortcode
- added amount_raised & goal to campaigns & fundraisers as top-level meta (for easier querying)
- added percent_funded to fundraisers
- added missing ‘skip’ array to add_update_fundraiser method
- fix bad comparison of fundraiser->archived check
- prevent fundraiser loop from pounding the API too much
- add shortcode example to README
- fix shortcode output buffering
- set logging post type to private
- Clean up notices on settings page
- Add extra security using yor Stripe publishable ket
- Clean up various files that had unused code.
- Fix file permission issue
- Fix some PHP warnings
- Simplify Settings
- Add more form options