A widgetized plugin that puts an image rotator on your theme in any sidebar. You can choose from three different transitions: linear, loop, and fade. In the widget settings you have the ability to set the transition speed, apply nofollow if linked, open links in a new window, upload/select images to add to the Image Rotator, and to drag & drop to reorder the order you want the images to appear. Or you can set randomize and each time the widget loads it will start with a random image and work its way through your array. Watch the video below for a short demonstration of workflow.
- Uses the WordPress Media Uploader to upload or select images
- Options to make the image link to another page and even in a new window
- Choose from three different smooth transitions
- Set the transition speed
- Drag & drop to order the images or set to random to have them loaded in a different order each time
- Apply rel=“nofollow” for search engine optimization
- Use the Image Rotator Widget multiple times on the same page
- Works with modern versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer
- How do I link an image in the rotator?
To assign a link to an image, use the “Link To” option while in the Media Uploader.
- Does this plugin require a Widget-ready theme?
Yes. Without a Widget-ready theme, you will not be able to display the image rotator.
- How do I add alternative text?
Before inserting the image in the widget, be sure to fill in the alt text field.
- Can I add links to the images?
Yes. Before inserting the image in the widget, be sure to fill in the link in the media browser. You can set the target of the link in the widget settings.
- What if I still have a question?
You can ask questions Here
Plugin bahviour in WP 4.7.2 Image attributes: - image don't stay centered when setting set; - cannot set image size; - URL link get broken and cannot be properly set when image get removed / added back in the widget; Transition speed: - 1 Fastest : currently 10sec (recommend 2sec per setting) Can all the above be fixed? Waiting for feedback from the author. Friday, Feb 24, 2017
Why is this plugin not getting updated? We love using this but for whatever reason, the plugin is suddenly now causing all my widgets to scrunch together. Why is this not updated to work with the latest version of WP?
- Bug Fix: Corrected an issue with image link opening in new window
- Updated deprecated method of calling WP_Widget
- Removed problematic image size code. Will be released on a future update with corrections.
- Reverted code to correct image logic
- Corrected code to identify the image to get the image size, which caused PHP errors on some servers
- Updated code to identify the image to get the image size, which caused PHP errors on some servers
- Preparing for language packs
- Corrected a bug where the rotator always opened a new window. Credit: pulk99
- Corrected an issue with undefined index error. Credit: Jose Castaneda
- Corrected an issue with the animation in fade and loop where some sites were just seeing the loading gif with no image showing up.
- Enhancement: Adjustment of speed transition to allow for slower transitions.
- Enhancement: Updated speed transition to allow for slower transitions.
- Enhancement: Updated instructions and Changelog for the widget.
- Bug Fix: Some reports of line 116 not being remarked out were reported. Removed all remarks.
- Bug Fix: Corrected a minor issue that wasn’t populating the alt tag correctly. Requires you to remove and add the images in order to display the alt tags properly.
- Enhancement: Enhanced the plugin to display the alt text from the WordPress Media Uploader
- Bug Fix: Correction of a jQuery reference TypeError.
- Bug Fix: Correction of a jQuery reference TypeError: ‘undefined’ is not a function (evaluating ‘$(document)’)
- Bug Fix: Stripped out additional url slashes to prevent getimagesize() errors.
- Bug Fix: Applied patch provided by deltafactory(thanks!) to help relieve mixed content warnings on ssl sites.
- Bug Fix: Added auto width and heights to images, per Tukkan’s suggestion, to fix a bug where images weren’t appearing in IE.
- Bug Fix: Changed the widget’s z-index to 0 to prevent unwanted overlapping.
- Bug Fix: Switched $_SERVER[‘DOCUMENT_ROOT’] to get_home_path() to reduce getimagesize() errors
- Enhancement: Added a feature to randomize the order of images.
- Bugfix: PHP getimagesize() is now used with a local file path instead of a url.
- Enhancement: An option to add a nofollow attribute to image links
- Enhancement: Adds width and height attributes to the image elements
- Bugfix: No more disappearing links after adding/removing images or after changing the order of the images
- Enhancement: Now uses the 3.5 Media Uploader
- Enhancement: Added responsive styles as suggested: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/responsive-css?replies=2
- Bugfix: Height issue when using two or more irw widgets on the same page
- Bugfix: Better compatibility for users upgrading from older versions
- Enhancement: Added the ability to open links in new a tab/window.
- Bugfix: Some images were clicking through to a link that was undefined. This has been fixed.
- Bugfix: Mouse now only turns to the pointer when an image is linked.
- Bugfix: Transition speed for the fade transition now works properly.
- Enhancement: Now includes the latest release of imagesloaded.js
- Bugfix: Transition ppeed has been fixed for all three transitions
- Bugfix: Images set to link to themselves would not work
- Bugfix: Fixes error that shows “unexpected output” when activating.
- Bugfix: 0.1.9 bad release.
- Bugfix: 0.1.8 bad release.
- Bugfix: Fixes bug with linking images
- Enhancement: Added ability to make images in the rotator linkable
- Bugfix: 3.4.1 bug
- Enhancement: Added Transition Speed to the widget settings
- Bugfix: Fixed 3.4 a bug – wouldn’t send the image url to the widget
- Bugfix: Fixed installation bug
- Enhancement: Added optional widget setting “title”.
- Bugfix: Fixed localization bug with “Send the Image Rotator Widget” button
- Enhancement: Added ability to use the “From URL” tab on the Media Upload when selecting an image.
- Enhancement: WordPress 3.3 fix
- readme.txt updates
- Bugfix: Only run widget’s scripts on the widget.php page
- Initial release