The DJ On-Air Widget adds a “Dj Shifts” field to user profiles that allows the to be scheduled for on-air shifts on an hourly basis and provides a sidebar widget that displays any user(s) scheduled for the current hour.
- Can I display a full schedule of my DJs?
Yes, as of version 0.2.5. Use the shortcode [dj-schedule] in any page or post. The name of the default DJ can be set on the plugin’s options page under settings, and styles for the schedule output can be changed in dj-on-air-wdiget/styles/djonair.css.
- Can I change the length of a shift?
As of version 0.2.3, yes. Under Settings > DJ On-Air, you can select hour, half-hour, or 15 minute shifts.
- How do I use the widget in my template or individual posts?
The widget can be embedded into posts usings the following shortcode:
[dj-widget title=”Current DJ On-Air” show_avatar=”1″ show_link=”1″ default_name=”Some DJ”]
title = The title that will appear above the name(s) of the current DJ(s) – (optional)
show_avatar = Whether or not to display avatars, 1 for yes, 0 for no (optional – default is 0)
show_link = Whether or not to link to profile page, 1 for yes, 0 for no (optional – default is 0)
default_name = The name or text to display if no DJ is currently scheduled
To use it in a template file include the following PHP code:
echo do_shortcode(‘[dj-widget title=”Current DJ On-Air” show_avatar=”1″ show_link=”1″ default_name=”Some DJ”]’);
$args = array(“title” => “Current DJ On-Air”, “show_avatar” => 1, “show_link” => 1, “default_name” => “Some DJ”);
- Can I set it so that only certain roles can add schedules to user accounts? I don’t want Subscribers to start adding themselves to the widget.
Yes, as of version 0.2. The options page is under the Settings tab.
- I don’t like the way the sidebar widget is styled. Can I change it?
Yes. Just edit the /dj-on-air/styles/djonair.css file and change whatever you want.
- How do I change the DJ’s avatar?
In the user profile. It’s the same avatar that’s assigned to the user’s account.
- Can I have more than one DJ on air during the same hour?
Yes. If two users are scheduled for the same hour on the same day, they will both show up in the widget.
- Bug fix in the dj-schedule shortcode function.
- Added shortcode to output a full schedule on any page or post.
- Fixed a conflict DJ On-Air Widget had another plugin
- Fixed the admin menu in WordPress 3.3
- Added the ability to change the length of shifts
- Added shortcode so that the widget can be used outside of the sidebar
- Fixed a bug that was causing problems with schedules before 10am
- Added the ability to limit addition/removal of DJ schedules by role.
- Initial release