Disqus Recent Comments Widget
Disqus has dropped support for their recent comments widget. This plugin creates a configurable widget that will display your latest Disqus comments.
- Added a relative time option in each individual widget's settings
- Added caching, the plugin will now retrieve comments once a minute instead of every page load (props to everyone who helped out on this)
- Tested on WordPress 4.0
- Added spacedmonkey as a contributor
- Removed the check for the disqus comments system on activation
- Removed references to CURL and replaced with the built-in wp_get_remote function.
- Fixed bug where admin panel was not accessible by admin accounts.
- New filter 'disqus_rcw_recent_comment_format' for changing the html markup of each comment
- Added RenettaRenula as a contributor
- Plugin now properly displays the title when no comments are present
- Plugin should now activate properly on multisite (props to Army)
- Added a new layout, Tight Spacing
- Rewrote the connection to the disqus api to speed up the comment retrieval (props to theconsultant_)
- Added support for register_sidebars()
- Fixed a bug that caused the posted date to display as today's date
- Added the option to disable the plugin's css file
- Added options to control what markup is generated (props to BramVanroy for the suggestion and code)
- Added the ability to change the widget title
- Added the option to change the markup surrounding the title
Requires: 3.4.1 or higher
Compatible up to: 4.0.3
Last Updated: 2014-9-22
4.4 out of 5 stars
1 of 1 support threads in the last two months have been resolved.
Got something to say? Need help?