What this plugin does:
Automatically displays a “digg” button for each post and page.
Full admin options available for digg buttons.
Display digg buttons at the top left, top right or bottom of the post/page.
Manual button placement with shortcode See Faq.
Can hide buttons on home page, pages, posts, tag pages, archives and search results page.
Hide buttons on a single page or post See Faq.
Media Scan Feature – Use multiple types of media with digg See Faq.
digg threshold option with API mode
Features Planned or in Development:
- API generated topic list
- Upload the “diggZ-Et” folder to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
- Click “Setting” tab and find a link to “diggZ-Et” options
- Fill out the options
- Which version of WordPress is supported?
WordPress 2.7.x to 2.8.x is currently supported. This plugin has not been tested on earlier versions of WordPress.
- How do I hide a button on a single post or page?
Include the following code in your post or page:
- What is the Media Scan Feature used For?
Digg submissions are either submitted as news, images or videos. In the admin setting you may only choose one default media value. If you have a page or post that needs to use a different type of media other than the chosen default then you will need to utilize the media scan feature. All you will need to do is include one of the following html comments in your post or page.
<!–diggZM=news–> OR <!–diggZM=image–> OR <!–diggZM=video–>
- Can I manually place my buttons?
Yes, use the following shortcode in your post where you would like your button to appear.
Note: The Shortcode uses the SButtonZ name for compatibility. If you ever decide to change from diggZ-Et to S-ButtonZ
- Where can I submit bug reports and feature requests?
You may submit feedback and bug reports via our feedback forum
Contributors & Developers
“diggZ-Et” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
1.4.1 – 9/17/09
- Fixed a bug causing Digg API buttons to sometimes display an inaccurate amount of diggs or none at all.
- Fixed the incorrect submission link bug for API Buttons.
1.4.0 – 6/13/09
- Added manual button placement with new shortcode See Faq.
- API Fix: API CSS will now load properly (You should no longer see a stretched button)
- Updated the CSS for boxes to fix visual glitch
1.3.9 – 5/16/09
- Fixed an issue where certain text in a summary would break other button settings
- Fixed the blank topic issue for digg API buttons
1.3.8 – 5/5/09
- Fixed PHP4 compatibility issue – digg API should now work with PHP4.4+
1.3.7 – 4/26/09
- Renamed the “DGZ-api” folder to “api”
- No longer need to move the “api” folder
- Some other code cleanup
1.3.6 – 4/20/09
- Changed the way bottom positioning is handled.
1.3.5 – 4/19/09
- Fixed a bug causing an on screen error when calling a blank digged item
- Fixed link to story, was pointing to incorrect story
- Fixed promote text bug
1.3.4 – 4/17/09
- Cleaned up admin UI
- Fixed a CSS issue with custom digg badges
1.3.3 – 4/15/09
- Added Threshold option to Digg API settings
1.3.2 – 4/14/09
- Added Custom Buttons with API (Beta)
1.3.1 – 4/11/09
- Added Digg API (Beta Phase)
- New choice between using API and default JS buttons
- Added API settings
1.3.0 – 4/6/09
- Added JS for box minimization
- Major code cleanup
- Anyone upgrading will need to reset their settings due to the code changes (This is in preparation to add in the digg API in a future release).
1.2.3 – 2/22/09
- Fixed header bug
1.2.2 – 1/25/09
- Updated Admin Backend For New WordPress 2.7 UI
- Removed “2008 US Elections” from Topics
- Added “Olympics” to Topics
1.2.1 – 11/16/08
- Fixed a bug that was causing incompatibility issues with our other button plugins
1.2.0 – 9/30/08
- Fixed a bug where auto summaries were not removing block code correctly.
- Fixed a bug where newline text in auto summary broke buttons.
1.1.9 – 9/26/08
- New Hide Option – Hide Buttons on Search Results Page
1.1.8 – 8/7/08
- Can now choose the max number of characters for auto summary; 150, 250, 350.
1.1.7 – 7/31/08
- Fixed IE6 bottom positioning issue.
1.1.6 – 7/29/08
1.1.5 – 7/22/08
- Added preview image for all 3 digg skins in admin.
- Fixed promote option so it only shows the promotion links on pages and posts.
- Fixed some CSS issues involving bottom button alignment.
1.1.4 – 7/19/08
- Fixed an issue where tags were not being removed correctly from Automatic Summaries. Thanks goes out to Christian Riesen for this fix.
- Fixed URL encoding issues with Automatic Summaries.
- Promotion link option added to admin (Thanks goes out to those that help support diggZ-Et).
- Cleaned up admin menu for organization and visual appeal.
1.1.3 – 7/3/08
- Can now hide a button on a single post or page. See F.A.Q. for more information.
1.1.2 – 6/19/08
- Button Positions Reworked – Display Digg Button at top left or right or bottom below text, left or right
1.1.1 – 6/5/08
- New Media Scan – Read the FAQ or blog post for more information
1.1.0 – 6/2/08
- New Button Position Option – Choose to display the button on the left or right of your text
- New Summary Option – Have a summary automatically sent to digg or choose to have the submitter create one
- New Hide Option – Hide Buttons on Pages
- New Hide Option – Hide Buttons on Tag Pages
- New Hide Option – Hide Buttons on all Archive Pages (This is all Category, Author and Date based pages)
1.0.2 – 5/30/08
- Fixed an issue with shortcode becoming broken when used in a post.
1.0.1 – 5/29/08
- Cleaned up some code
1.0.0 – 5/24/08
- Initial Release