This plugin will allow you to add an “Bookmark this page on del.icio.us/digg/furl/newsvine/blinklist” link on you sidebar / posts / wherever.
- Upload the full directory into your wp-content/plugins directory
- Activate it in the Plugin options
- Put the following code in your template where you want to place the bookmark link:
This will bookmark the current page viewed in browser to del.icio.us.
If you want to bookmark the CURRENT POST, use inside “the loop”.
“The loop” can be found in your home template (index.php) and in your post template (single.php). Search
<?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>and place it after it, but before
<?php endwhile; else: ?>
which should be near the end of your template file.
More information about the loop can be found at https://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop
- The first parameter of the function is the text of the link.
The second parameter is the service which you want to use. Currently supported are: “delicios”,”digg”,”furl”,”newsvine” and “blinklist”
The third and last paramter is a string which may contain additional attributes for the link tag, “class=’link'” to define a CSS class for example.
<?php dbt_getLinkTag("Bookmark on del.icio.us"); ?>Normal del.icio.us link (bookmarks current page)
<?php dbt_getLinkTag("Bookmark on furl","furl"); ?>Normal furl.net link (bookmarks current page)
<?php dbt_the_LinkTag("Bookmark on del.icio.us"); ?>Normal del.icio.us link (bookmarks current POST, use inside the loop!)
<?php dbt_the_LinkTag("Bookmark on digg","digg"); ?>Normal digg link (bookmarks current POST, use inside the loop!)
<?php dbt_getLinkTag("<img src='blink.gif' />","blinklist"); ?>Link with image to blinklist (bookmarks current page)
<?php dbt_the_LinkTag("<img src='vine.gif' />","newsvine"); ?>Link with image to newsvine (bookmarks current POST, use inside the loop!)
- Can I use an image as the link?
Yes you can! Just use the image tag as the text. Example: < ?php dbt_getLinkTag("”); ?>
- Can I specify a CSS class for the link?
Yes you can! Just supply a second parameter to the function. Example:
- Can I use more than one bookmark service?
Yes youn can! Just repeat the function several times. Example
- Which bookmark services are supported?
There is currently support for:
- “delicious” (http://del.icio.us)
- “digg” (http://www.digg.com)
- “furl” (http://www.furl.net)
- “newsvine” (http://www.newsvine.com)
- “blinklist” (http://www.blinklist.com)
Use the quoted string as the second parameter for the functions explained above.
Contributors & Developers
“del.icio.us – Bookmark this!” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors