DC-X simple gallery is a WordPress plugin to pull and display content from the DC-X content management system. You’ll need a DC-X username and password and also an URL to your DC-X server to use this plugin. Read more about DC-X at Digicol or the company who built this plugin, Teknograd. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
- Activate the plugin “DC-X simple gallery”.
- Go to the “Pages” menu and select “DC-X simple gallery”.
- In the “DC-X simple gallery” settings add the url to your DC-X installation. Also add username and password (see notice section below for more information). Get the URL from your DC-X system administrator.
- Save the changes. We are now ready! A gallery with images should show up in the top of your posts now.
Howto use in posts
In each post you will now find a section called “DC-X simple gallery”.
If you leave the pulldown field empty no gallery will be shown. Select the tag you want to base your gallery on.
We store the username and password from the selected DC-X user in WordPress. The password is stored in cleartext in WordPress. We strongly sugest that you create a specific user in DC-X with minimum privileges which only have access to the images you want to show for the world. Please follow this advice!
Do I need a DC-X backend? Yes. Talk to your system administrator if you are unsure about what type of content management system you have.
The donate link goes to a site called GIVEWATTS, is that correct? Yes. We love GIVEWATTS and if you like this plugin we would be happy if you would donate some money and give light to Africa!
We need support implementing the plug-in, will you help us out? Yes, please get in touch with us at @teknograd and we will send you a quote.
Contributors & Developers
“DC-X simple gallery” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Added empty selection in select download.
- Updated install description.
- Bug fixed where you could only see 10 images in a gallery.
- We now pull “Title” and “Headline” from DC-X which we display in the gallery.
- Tag based workflow.
- Made changes to readme.txt file.
- Initial version.