Dashboard Links is a dashboard widget that displays links from a user-defined link category on the WordPress dashboard.
Visit www.joshcook.net for update information or to submit feature and support requests.
From the WordPress Links menu
- Select (create if necessary) a link category to be displayed on the WordPress dashboard using the ‘Links > Link Categories’ menu option
- Add links to this category using either the ‘Links > Edit’ or ‘Links > Add New’ menu option
- The Link Description field will appear when hovering over the title of the link on the dashboard
- The Link Notes field will appear below the title of the link on the dashboard
From the Dashboard Links options page
- Select the link category to be displayed on the WordPress dashboard
- Why isn’t the category selected for Dashboard Links listed within the Links widget when viewing the public site?
This is by design and a security feature. The category that is selected to be displayed on the dashboard is hidden from the public site. If you would like these links to be displayed on the public site just add them to another link category.
- Why was Dashboard Links created?
For my lovely and beautiful wife who asked for a quick way to access the other sites and applications we manage from the WordPress dashboard.
- Where can I get support for this plugin?
I provide support via my web site, although just because you post a request for help doesn’t mean I will have time to answer your question. This is a free plugin and as such, you aren’t guaranteed support. Then again, I’ll help as much as I can and have time for.
- Your plugin rocks! Can I donate?
Absolutely!!! Visit www.joshcook.net for more information!
- Development Notes
- I didn’t see the reason for creating an object for such a simple plugin. In theory it would have taken more processor power on the server than needed. So simple functions it is.
- I couldn’t – for the life of me – figure out how to utilize the configure option from the dashboard which is why a settings page was needed. I could display the settings options but couldn’t process the POST submission.
- Originally the option to display the Dashboard Links on the public site was available, although after much thought I realized that this didn’t make sense as it’s a Dashboard Links plugin. A separate link category could be created for displaying links on the public site.
- Added support for the changelog section
- First Public Release