This simple plugin allows admins to add custom menu items to the dashboard sidebar. The plugin works by creating a new menu and placing it on the left side of your dashboard. You can add new menu links, adjust the security level for each and have the custom menu items link to any URL.
- To install the plugin DOWNLOAD it first.
- Extract the folder ‘dashboard-custom-menu’ into your wp-content/plugins folder
- Activate the plugin in WordPress
- Set the options to select which links you want displayed
- How do I change the name of the dropdown menu?
Simply change the words ‘custom menu’ in both instances on line 45 of dashboard-custom-menu.php.
Contributors & Developers
“Dashboard Custom Menu” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Original Release