DEPRECATED: This plugin is deprecated and not maintained anymore. Its use is not recommended.
With this plugin you can embed videos from DailyMotion, YouTube and Google in your WordPress posts. Using it, you can change the size or aspect of all your videos in the settings page. All you need to post a video, is to know the video ID or the video URL, both are shown on the video page URL.
For YouTube videos, you can configure all options: Colors, Related Videos, Genie Menu and Border Colors.
Video URL or content tags are provided to post a video:
To post a video, just write the video URL in a single line of your post, something like:
If it does not work for you, you can use one of the following tags:
- to post YouTube videos.
- [daily ID] to post DailyMotion Wide videos.
- [dailytv ID] to post DailyMotion Square videos.
- [gvideo ID] to post from Google Video.
- Tags or URLs can be used
- Supports embedding YouTube videos.
- Full YouTube configuration settings.
- Supports embedding both formats of DailyMotion videos.
- Enable or disable DailyMotion full screen feature.
- Uses a simple tag in your post.
Copyright (C) 2004-2010 Jordi Canals
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
- Unzip the plugin archive
- Upload the folder dailytube to the
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
- Optionally, change the default settings through your WordPress Settings page. You’ll find the DailyTube options there.
- Enjoy your plugin.
- How do I include a video in my post or page?
Just write the video URL on your page. You can copy the URL from the location bar when watching the video. If this does not work for you, then you can use a single tag to embed your video.
To use a tag, all you need is the video ID.
- How do I find the DailyMotion video ID?
On DailyMotion URLs, the video is located after /video/ and before the video title.
For example: in the DailyMotion URL
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4gp6y_mercat-medieval_people, the video ID is
x4qp6y. To embed this video on your post, write
[daily x4qp6y]for wide videos, or
[dailytv x4qp6y]for square videos.
- How do I find the YouTube video ID?
On YouTube URLs is easier to find the video ID. Is just the last string after the equal sign.
For Example: in the YouTube URL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNJs8RMiK28the video ID is
nNJs8RMiK28. To post this video, just write the
tag in your post content.
- How do I find the Google Video ID?
For Google Videos, watch the video URL. The video ID is the document ID. This is the long number after
If you see
docid=5853961599944034663in the URL, then the video ID is
5853961599944034663. Be carefull as some ID’s start with minus “-” sign.
Contributors & Developers
“DailyTube” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- 220.127.116.11 – Plugin Deprecated.
- 1.1.4 – Added Belorussian translation.
- 1.1.3 – General revision for documentation.
- 1.1.2 – Code improvements. Changed internal options management.
- 1.1.1 – Small bug fixes.
- 1.1 – Now a Video URL can be introduced and will be converted
- 1.0.3 – Arranged some XHTML and translation files
- 1.0.2 – Included Italian Translation (by Gianni Diurno)
- 1.0.1 – Small bugfix for DailyMotion full screen option
- 1.0 – Added all settings to configure YouTube Videos
- 0.9 – Added support for Google Video
- 0.8 – First public version