Da Stop Word Removal is a WordPress plugin aims to help you to improve your ranking on many seach engines as Google, Bing, Yahoo! and others.
Stop word is commom words like “the, a, to, with, do” that poluate your permalinks. When you remove the stop words from you slugs, the permalinks starts to be clearest and helps to better understand the goals of your post to the searche engine.
We released Da Stop Word Removal plugin in order to propose you a simple solution that will automatically strip the stop word from your slug.
Da Stop Words Removal works on pages, posts and also on CPT.
Da Stop Words Removal supports 9 languages :
– English stop words (529 words)
– French stop words (149 words)
– German stop words (130 words)
– Italian stop words (134 words)
– Spanish stop words (147 words)
– Portugese stop words (147 words)
– Dutch stop words (48 words)
– Danish stop words (100 words)
– Finnish stop words (550 words).
A few notes about the sections above:
- “Contributors” inside-daweb
- “Tags” Stop words, SEO, Google, Bing, Yahoo!, Plugin, Post, Posts, Page, Pages, Admin, URL, Slug, Mutisite, Link, Permalink, Archive, Language, Analytics, WordPress, Tracking
- “Requires at least” 3.5
- “Tested up to” 3.8.1
- Is this plugin compatible with other SEO plugins ?
This stop word plugin is compatible with SEO by Yoast. And in fact, it’s a complementary plugin we recommand to use with.
- Where can I see the configuration interface of the plugin ?
The plugin interface is in the ‘Settings’ menu of your WordPress back office, in entry ‘Da Stop Words Removal’
- Can I create my own list of stop words ?
To create a new list of stop words to been removed from your slugs, go on Settings > Da Stop Words Removal > Add new list. Click on ‘Submit query’.
Now your new list is create. Go to your new list, and add your stop words in it.
- Can I edit an existing list ?
To edit your list of stop words, go on go on Settings > Da Stop Words Removal. Select your list.
* To delete an entry of the list click on the X marks.
* To add a new word, add it to the form, and submit it.
- Can I avoid to remove stop word if I want ?
If for a post or a page you don’t want that the plugin Da Stop Word Removal strip your slug, simply select the list to ‘none’.
- Which language are supported ?
The actual version of the plugin support 9 languages : french, english, german, italian, spanish, portugese, dutch, danish and finnish stop words.
- You said that 9 languages are supported, but when I activate the plugin, I only see English and French lists accessible in the post creation ?
English and French are default loaded list. To made other lists visible, go to Settings > Da Stop Word Removal and click on the column visible of the desire language.
- I only want to have only list activated in the post creation, how can I do ?
To see only the desire list in the post creation, go to Settings > Da Stop Word Removal and click on the column visible of the languages that you don’t want to see. When unselecting the visibility of a list, this list won’t be any more accessible in the post creation.
- How can I contribute to this plugin ?
You can contribute to this plugin in two ways.
- Send us your list of stop words to email@example.com
- Contribute to the development of the plugin directely in [GIT] (https://github.com/insidedaweb/Da-Stop-Words-Removal/)
Added to the stop words list : German stop words, Italian stop words, Spanish stop words, Portugese stop words, Dutch stop words, Danish stop words and Finnish stop words.
Control of the plugin revision in the code.
Ability to select the stop words list used in the post / page creation, in the back office of the plugin.
First release of the plugin.